Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Great Balls Of Fire

Options
  • 06-06-2017 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

Silly name & poster for a pay per view aside. One match for the show is official

18839080_1464059726965805_477253522370784559_n.jpg?oh=4e9b1db44ee697bb08ee6306a1954701&oe=59B080A3

WWE Universal Championship
    Brock Lesnar vs. Samoa Joe

More matches TBA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

This has to be the worst named event ever. Here's hoping they don't try to play up to the name, and have Lesnar flamethrow Joe's testicles

• Registered Users Posts: 38,206 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

This ppv is made for Kane but hes off campaigning to be mayor of some place

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

PTH2009 wrote:
    This ppv is made for Kane but hes off campaigning to be mayor of some place

20 years just passed since he stormed into that cell and tombstoned undertaker, crazy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Brock vs Joe has potential to either be one of the greatest matches of the year, or one of the most crushing disappointments of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Brock vs Joe has potential to either be one of the greatest matches of the year, or one of the most crushing disappointments of all time.

if brock actually starts wrestling again and gets away from suplex city hes been on since mania 31 it could be amazing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

thats-a-penis.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 17,126 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I wanna see Bray work this into a promo:

"FIRE SAVES US FROM THE DARKNESS.... CARRIES US INTO THE LIGHT... BUT YOU NEED TO BE ABLE TO CONTROL THESE GIANT BALLS OF FIRE... AND ONLY I KNOW HOW TO CUP THEM IN MY HAND..."

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'm surprised Paul Heyman managed to keep a straight face while saying it last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,991 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So looks like they changed the logo again
    20170604_GREATBALLOFFIRE_TEMP_social--ac180d1c804194586a6b80a574e8ac97.jpg

http://www.wwe.com/shows/great-balls-of-fire
    Now it looks like some kind of demon

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

20 minute Illustrator job on that.

• Advertisement

Its no improvement on the original flying flaming testicles.

Jesus, I've never heard of a worst name PPV.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,126 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

The principle ppv sponsor is this Rocket League game, which is like a futuristic football demolition derby looking thing. I'd imagine that's why they called it what they did?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Neil3030 wrote: »
    The principle ppv sponsor is this Rocket League game, which is like a futuristic football demolition derby looking thing. I'd imagine that's why they called it what they did?

It looks completely ****.

The game doesn't look great either.

Pentecost wrote: »

The game is meant to be awesome. It's sold millions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Pentecost wrote: »

The game is amazing, It's soccer with rocket cars.

Fair enough I only saw a few clips. I'm not a gamer these days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Brock was ufc heavyweight champion until he fought a decent fighter who proceeded to kick the living crap out of lesner and take his belt. CM punk went to the ufc also and got the lard beaten out of him. These guys are big softies it appears

Autochange wrote: »
    Brock was ufc heavyweight champion until he fought a decent fighter who proceeded to kick the living crap out of lesner and take his belt. CM punk went to the ufc also and got the lard beaten out of him. These guys are big softies it appears

Jesus this **** is embarrassing.

I know but i would say they make a great living out it all the same. We all grew up watching the wrestling. Kane when he wore the mask was my favorite

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    The game is meant to be awesome. It's sold millions
    The game is amazing, It's soccer with rocket cars.

Can confirm Rocket League is a fun game, downloaded it for the PS4, played a bit of it after Batman Arkham Knight.

• Advertisement

When are you going to tell us its all fake?

We all know its fake. Its no different to watching easterners or coronation street. Its entertainment. They are great athletes who go through pain and risk of serious injury to put on an entertaining show . Im just saying when some of them tried the fight game in real life they got whipped. Lesner was champ for a bit to be fair but was found out.

We all know its fake. Its no different to watching easterners or coronation street. Its entertainment. They are great athletes who go through pain and risk of serious injury to put on an entertaining show . Im just saying when some of them tried the fight game in real life they got whipped. Lesner was champ for a bit to be fair but was found out.

Whilst you're not wrong really, what are you telling us that we don't already know?

Ken Shamrock,Josh barnett,Lesnar,Dan Severn,Sakuraba,Nakanmura,Bobby Lashley,Funaki and Del Rio have all fought in mma with winning records, you sound like an armchair fan that has neither competed in any sport and thinks they know it all

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Getting found out after beating the likes of Mir, Couture and Carwin ain't all that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 13,655 ✭✭✭✭briany

I like the name as it feels like a throwback to the days when early IYH PPVs had different unique titles of varying naffness, e.g. In Your House: Beware of Dog. With a name like Great Balls of Fire, it's not likely to be used again, so would be of the same ilk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I've seen a few people saying "in your house" was a bad title. Am I the only one who doesn't think it's bad? I've always liked the sound of "WWE/F in your house".

Surely it's at least not on the same level as "great balls of fire".

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Completely agree, someone above mentioned Beware of Dog being naff but I disagree personally. British Bulldog challenging the ultimate face at the time in HBK therefore: Beware of (Bull)dog. Makes sense to me anyways! I always liked how the subtitles related to what storylines were occurring at the time in comparison to Great Balls of Fire which has nothing to do with anyone or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,516 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Any chance the will bring in Honky Tonk Man for a one shot deal to sing Great Balls Of Fire.

Or maybe give Rockabilly one last run.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Only for Elias Samson to come out and interrupt

Advertisement