Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BusConnects Dublin - Big changes to Bus Network

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,483 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

They haven’t published the local, peak and express route timetables yet for some reason. Rather poor to be honest, not to have all the information available from the outset. This kind of disjointed publication just causes unnecessary doubts and confusion.

However, all of that being said, I would expect that current frequencies on those routes will be maintained at the very minimum, but will probably be enhanced.

Just keep an eye on this page:

https://www.transportforireland.ie/c-spine/

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭TranslatorPS

I've seen almost all of DB's working timetables by now except for the peak services, and while I don't think that's a decent measuring stick, and I doubt they're not ready yet, it has me mildly concerned.

Another thing of note is that the 26 and the L53 will be interworked (at least until the 26 is replaced by the 80, I'd assume).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭thomasj

At least they'll have the night services for December . Looking doubtful for Nitelinks with today's announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Wrong thread.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Given most 66s and 67s are very busy on most of the route most of the day, how does the 30 minute frequency of the C3 and C4 compare to the routes now? I'd imagine the argument is not going through Chapelizod will make them more reliable etc, but 30 minutes feels a stretch for routes that hold passengers right out to their far termini..

Edit: Just reading LxFlyer's link. The 15a/b using Westland Row, I'm guessing?

• Advertisement

It’s the same frequency as now for the C3/C4 compared with the 66/67, every 30 mins, but much longer operating hours of course and increased frequency at the margins of the core daytime service.

The local buses linking into them in Leixlip will increase the frequency from River Forest and Castletown and the 52 will give an all day service to Glen Easton.

The DB article shows the route for the 15a/15b/15d and it is indeed via Westland Row.

Post edited by LXFlyer on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭AngryLips

The 66 operates at 75% capacity, which is an astronomical figure for a bus route when you think about how that figure is diluted by off-peak journeys. 75% means that there are likely many times of the day when the bus is at capacity and people are being left behind. What is the plan when current capacity is not enough (which it already isn't) on a particular spine? Because the NTA are dogmatically sticking to this clockface frequency per spine and each spine is already getting 5-10 minute frequencies closer to the city centre.

Where are you getting that stat from?

Remember that there’s also the L54 every 30 minutes which people can connect into off the C1 and C2 at Ballyowen or C4 in Lucan, and the hourly 52 from the city, both as far as Leixlip.

It has been pointed out by one driver that there is an overall loss in service in certain areas. Lucan village has been pointed out as receiving a halved service - from 8bph (two 66s, two 67s, one 25, one 66A, one 66B, one 66E) to city centre to 5bph (two C3s, two C4s, one 52), not to mention that the L58 and L59 will be feeding into the C3s rather than carrying straight into town as the 66A, 66B, and 66E do.

Then again, Leixlip will now have far better access to the train station (what with the L58 and L59 traversing the town every 30 mins each).

The peak hour service will be heavily supplemented with the plethora of X services replacing the current 66X and 67X, however, and I think there is actually meant to be a slight improvement over the existing number of departures on these two services - definitely a match at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭AngryLips

2017 stats from the NTA. I queried it when them when I used to catch that bus.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Heartbreak Hank

Is there any info on where the actual stops will be. I have noticed new bus stop markings painted on in Lucan but no poles yet e.g. outside AIB. Will other ones be taken out?

But the L54 which connects Leixlip with the C1 & C2 at Ballyowen compensates Leixlip and Lucan Village for the loss of the 66a and 66b.

People need to look at the entire service and not just the the citybound routes.

Hint in the name - BusConnects

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Buffman

The 52 stays on the N4 avoiding Lucan village.

Does the L54 connect with C1/C2 at the same stop or do you have to cross the road? Hard to tell from the map but it doesn't look like they overlap at the same stop.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You'd have to cross the road I imagine, but that’s a small price to pay rather than waiting 30 minutes I would think?

Yeap, you don't need to spell it out to me. Just because the 66s have been preferred by many for years, it doesn't mean it'll be the only option out there.

It wasn’t for you - more for those claiming the service is being cut - it’s just changing!

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭OscarMIlde

It's roughly the same as the current schedule which is good in some directions/areas, not so great in others. It's generally fine if you are catching a bus from the city centre, as you can choose between them (although many a time before covid I was unable to board 66/67 buses at Westmoreland street as they were already full if I was coming home from work late). Downstream the buses from town are often full, and won't stop. I imagine most will be full before reaching Heuston where I commute from. Going from Maynooth at off peak times/weekends to town can be very hit and miss. 66 and 67 buses are at different stops so you have to pick one to aim for. Due to the traffic buses generally don't run to schedule and often don't operate at all. I've waited for nearly an hour many a Saturday trying to get from Maynooth to Leixlip, due to no shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,226 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Would be so much easier to just bring in a flat €2 fare.

Just thought I'd put this here since it contradicts the information in the printed information booklets on the buses. I know a previous comment linked to a page with this linked information but it may not be found by everyone. Ignore the frequency table, I can't edit and remove it somehow. The PDF has the timetables.

Post edited by OscarMIlde on

• Advertisement

All of the timetables are on the TFI webpage now:

https://www.transportforireland.ie/c-spine/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

New stop going in in Maynooth on what will be the W6, currently to be the extended C4. Its mirroring an oddity of a single-sided stop

I had assumed the single sided one would go as its far too close to another already. If they intend to keep both new sets, that's madness.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Should have been up earlier to be honest. Dublin Bus site doesn't have any of these yet and somewhat strangely the Bus Connects hub makes no mention of the forthcoming changes and is going on about the H spine still

Even these months later, it's still not possible to view the H spine times on DublinBus.ie from a mobile phone as the link that appears on a computer to a PDF on the timetable page doesn't show on mobile.

Can't say I'm seeing much improvement in the roll out of information for this second phase. It was poor the first time around and this second time around it's not very good either.

The project management team really need to get a grip on this. They need someone with the attention to detail and passion to get these things right. Proper communication and easily obtainable information are vital.

Totally agree devnull on all of the above.

Incidentally you can see the H Spine timetables on the DB site on a mobile if you hold it in landscape rather than portrait.

But who is ever going to figure that out?

Thanks for that. Bit of a change in that the 25X buses some are going from Leeson street as opposed to Westmoreland street, will mean timing buses downstream if the route will be that much harder as it will be highly influenced by traffic patterns. It might mean waiting much longer for a bus after finishing work. I'm still not certain what route the express buses are taking from UCD/through town either. The maps are hard to follow. it would be nice if they would list the stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

It think Lesson St. is to partly cover a loss of 25,A/B, 66 etc from Merrion Sq. But instead of Merrion Square it's chosen a to go a bit further South West. I actually like this diversion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭p_haugh

I wonder, will they do up the express stops between UCD and the city centre into the TFI standard or will they bother?

All looking for intermediate timings should consider bustimes.org when the new routes kick in. The website offers not only full timetables (from the GTFS/AVL data), but it's also linked to the RTPI feeds.

Mind you I'm still salty and would rather see timetables for every stop separately available online, but that could well be a matter of pride just as well as software by now.

• Advertisement

The full timetables are already there from what I can see!

Post edited by LXFlyer on

Advertisement