Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2016-17 PRO12 Final buildup

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Raised security after Manchester I guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Raised security after Manchester I guess?

Yeah, must be. I'm one part cautious, one part openly naive about it. It's bizarre. But you've more chance of being in a road accident on the way to the Aviva.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

Scarlets
    Wonder what that'll mean for my trusty hipflask....??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Scarlets
    Had backpack with me the last 2 times I went to the Aviva, never stopped or questioned. Checked only once going to Croke Park in all the years.

Suppose this is just the way things are going to go from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

If anyone needs a lift up and down from Limerick I've an empty car. The buses filled up so quickly.

PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

Scarlets
    Did Earls and Conway train fully during the week? I know it was intended that they would.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,711 ✭✭✭✭phog

Scarlets
    15 Johnny Mcnicholl, 14 Liam Williams, 13 Jonathan Davies, 12 Scott Williams, 11 Steff Evans, 10 Rhys Patchell, 9 Gareth Davies, 1 Rob Evans, 2 Ryan Elias, 3 Samson Lee, 4 Lewis Rawlins, 5 Tadhg Beirne, 6 Aaron Shingler, 7 James Davies, 8 John Barclay [c]

Replacements; Emyr Phillips, Wyn Jones, Werner Kruger, David Bulbring, Will Boyde, Jonathan Evans, Hadleigh Parkes, DTH van der Merwe

Teams for tomorrow

Cronin didn't make it

DAvtbSWXkAYE9ZL.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Scarlets
    Don't forget to bring them umbrellas people

https://www.joe.ie/news/weekend-weather-589704

Don't forget to bring them umbrellas people

https://www.joe.ie/news/weekend-weather-589704

Rain should be gone for the game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

Is it not a little odd that Sailli finds himself in the side now ahead of a Taute yet he's the one being let go. Is it an issue of Sailli wanting to go or just a case of Taute seen as offering better value for money.

shuffol wrote: »
    Is it not a little odd that Sailli finds himself in the side now ahead of a Taute yet he's the one being let go. Is it an issue of Sailli wanting to go or just a case of Taute seen as offering better value for money.

I'd guess it's that Saili has just played less rugby this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

phog wrote: »
    I'd guess it's that Saili has just played less rugby this season.

Rotation, thank God we haven't seen that approach backfire recently:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Not able to go to match tomorrow as I'm away for weekend but just drive to Dublin airport from Clare and came across 8 Garda speed traps and 4 lads on bikes.

Think today is national slow down day so just keep an eye on your speed if heading up tomorrow. Don't think Iv ever seen 8 speed traps in my 10 years of driving never mind one 2 hour journey!!

Not able to go to match tomorrow as I'm away for weekend but just drive to Dublin airport from Clare and came across 8 Garda speed traps and 4 lads on bikes.

Think today is national slow down day so just keep an eye on your speed if heading up tomorrow. Don't think Iv ever seen 8 speed traps in my 10 years of driving never mind one 2 hour journey!!

There was one just beyond Leeson st. Bridge today heading out of town. You couldn't speed along there if you tried. I was going 3 times the average car speed on my bike!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭golfer555

So is this game a sell out? Surely over 50,000 tickets must have been sold at this point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

molloyjh wrote: »
    Really? I've often brought a back pack into games in the Aviva. That's a new one.

Small back packs are fine (same size as what kids use for school). Anything bigger needs to be left at home/in the car or at the bag drop in the Sandymount Hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

There was one just beyond Leeson st. Bridge today heading out of town. You couldn't speed along there if you tried. I was going 3 times the average car speed on my bike!

Wanna bet? :D

golfer555 wrote: »
    So is this game a sell out? Surely over 50,000 tickets must have been sold at this point.

Circa 40,000+ I believe but nowhere near 50,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Scarlets
    golfer555 wrote:

There'll only be a few thousand Welsh, won't be a sell out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭degsie

Will tickets be available at the gates?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Neil Francis
    Merits of having it on the exact same time a the FA cup final?

Edit : Actually 45 mins later....but still

degsie wrote: »
    Will tickets be available at the gates?

No, always ticket only, bought in advance... However as is not sold out...

The ticket van will be at the junction of Lansdowne Rd and Northumberland Rd.

If you want a specific area or level say that while buying the tickets.

And be aware there can be a 15-30 min gap between you buying the tickets and them working at the stadium.

In other words, get there early if you want to see kick off.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭golfer555

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Merits of having it on the exact same time a the FA cup final?

Edit : Actually 45 mins later....but still

It would make more sense all round if it was held at 8pm. Avoid clashing with the FA Cup & Aviva Prem final and give travelling fans from Wales (or Scotland) more time in the day to travel over.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

It would make more sense all round if it was held at 8pm. Avoid clashing with the FA Cup & Aviva Prem final and give travelling fans from Wales (or Scotland) more time in the day to travel over.

Welsh fan were never going to travel . And 40,000 + is a great crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭OldRio

The game does not clash with the Aviva Premiership final over in England.
    As for the FA Cup final. Well it's importance in England has disminished considerably in recent years. To move a rugby final in Ireland because of it IMHO is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

What about fans travel back on the same day with kids ? If anything it should be on earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Anyone heading to the game enjoy it as best you can. The weather is appalling at the minute. Here's hoping it clears even a little bit

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Anyone heading to the game enjoy it as best you can. The weather is appalling at the minute. Here's hoping it clears even a little bit

It's going to stop before the match.

• Advertisement

Best of luck today lads, deserve the win and would be a fitting way to finish an extremely difficult year.

#Lunster4Aday

Advertisement