Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WW XII - Simpsons Mafia

• 20-05-2017 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

Newscopter.png

"This is Kent Brockman with a special report from the Channel 6 newscopter.
    Springfield residents are in shock today after the non-lethal shooting of Fat Tony and some of his legitimate business associates. The group were visiting Evergreen Terrace in search of missing money when the shots rang out. We've managed to obtain some exclusive footage of the events.

Some eye witnesses are blaming the crime on a vigilante while others warn that it could be a rival gang. Ladies and Gentlemen, I have been to Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan, and I can say without hyperbole that this is a million times worse than all of them put together. Springfield residents are leaving in droves, including this reporter. Only 30 citizens are left in the town. Without knowing what will happen next, the safe option is to panic and trust no-one."

A gang war is threatening to tear Springfield apart. Springfield residents are in shock, and have disguised themselves with strange usernames and costumes. Can the Springfield residents figure out who's good and who's bad before it's too late? Fat Tony and his crew are seeking revenge for the ambush on them at Evergreen Terrace, and are executing citizens. Mr. Burns and some cronies are also armed and dangerous and attacking civilians. And Sideshow Bob is using this chaos as a cover for his mission of finding and killing Bart Simpson. The violence has also sparked some PTSD in Herman and he's started shooting villagers with an antique rifle. Can the Springfield residents pull together and eliminate the bad guys before they lose the town to one of the angry mobs?

"You can kill me, but someone will take my place. And if you kill him, someone will take his place. And... that's pretty much the end of it, the town will be yours."

Meet the baddies
    OP%20-%20BADDIES.png

Fat Tony, Johnny Tightlips and Louie make up the Italian Mafia. In their quest for revenge, they have the power to whack a Springfield citizen every night. Fat Tony is the leader of the Italian mafia, and while his gang are all still alive, they are able to bribe police chief Wiggum to see Fat Tony as good if investigated.

Mr. Burns, The Rich Texan and their muscle Snake Jailbird make up the opposing gang, the Rich Mafia. They see an opportunity to take control of Springfield, and start hunting down and murdering one local every night. Mr. Burns is super influential and rich, and while both Texan and Snake are alive, Mr. Burns is seen as good if investigated.

Sideshow Bob is an opportunistic killer, using this time of turmoil to assassinate his arch enemy Bart Simpson. Sideshow Bob will get a kill every morning, starting from morning 2. If Bob manages to kill Bart, he goes into a psychotic rage and kills one other citizen before killing himself.

Herman Hermann is a veteran, and all the shooting sparks his PTSD. He shoots one citizen every evening after the lynch. If there is no lynch, Herman gets no shot. As a trained soldier, Herman can easily avoid any bullet fired at him by the amateur vigilante. He's also immune to Ned's preaching.

Meet the goodies
    OP%20-%20GOODIES.png

Homer Simpson thinks blind luck has kept him alive, but actually he is being protected by his family! As long as all his immediate family (Marge, Lisa, Bart and Maggie) are alive, Homer can't die. But that's not the only surprise this family has! Bart Simpson and Lisa Simpson have snuck into Springfield Elementary, and can communicate together in a secret room until a teacher finds them and throws them out. Maggie Simpson, a mere baby, knows who Bart and Lisa are, but cannot communicate with them. Maggie also has a secret gun with 2 bullets that she can use at any time. Marge Simpson has no additional powers, aside from protecting her Homie with the family.

Chief Wiggum is tasked with finding the baddies. Every night he can choose 1 player to investigate. He's too incompetent to learn exactly who they are, but he can find out if they're good or bad. While Mafias have a full team, he can't detect the alphas.

Dr. Hibbert examines the dead bodies at Springfield Hospital and can learn what exact role they had.

Ned Flanders has been using the violence as an excuse to preach to his neighbours. Every night, Ned can choose a different player to visit. He spends the evening preaching to them, which prevents them from completing any night actions or conversing in any backroom. This applies to goodies and baddies. If Ned chooses Bob, then he prevents Bob's murder. Herman is immune to Ned's preaching. If Ned visits a mafia member, mafia kills will still go ahead as long as another mafia member has access to the backroom. Ned is not a bodyguard, and can't prevent a murder. If the person he's visiting is targeted, Ned runs home and loses his power.

Groundskeeper Willie is a bit mad, but he's firmly team village. Willie can choose a character to protect every night from murder. He can't protect the same player twice in a row, and he's not selfish enough to protect himself. If the person Willie is protecting is targeted, the kill fails. Willie is strong and keeps his power and stays alive after a successful protect.

Judge Snyder has the power to overrule the people of Springfield, and can pardon the lynch victim. The judge is allowed two pardons, and he can't use them on himself. After the vote, the judge will have half an hour to decide on if he'll use a pardon. In the event of a tie, the decision lies with the judge. The power of judging dies with the judge.

And everyone else
    OP%20-%20NRV.png

What kind of mafia drama doesn't have supporting characters? Krusty the Clown is also a simple villager with no powers, but unfortunately, due to all his dodgy past dealings, if he's investigated by Wiggum he'll be flagged as bad. Grampa Simpson has a power, but he's too senile and confused to remember what it is! If he survives until after the third munch, he'll remember his power. Barney is a simple villager, but if Moe dies, Barney will break into the tavern and drink himself to death within 24 hours. Nelson is the town bully and has a mean streak. If either of the mafias attempt a hit on him, they'll recruit him instead of killing him. Until he's recruited, he's part of team town. Milhouse, Principal Skinner, Smithers, Apu, Lenny, Carl, Comic Book Guy and Moe are all simple villagers, trying to survive.

RULES
    1. Respect the mods: The decisions of the mods are final. Mods will not enter into discussion or arguments on thread about mechanics of the game. There will be a time for review and discussion after the game is complete. The mods have some secrets, but all players have been provided with the information they need to play the game. If you have any questions, please PM WerewolfGM and we will respond as soon as possible.
    2. Don't cheat: This is a game that relies heavily on the players having integrity. No PMing other players in the game, and no chat about the game outside of this game thread and designated back forum threads. No posting of any PM's from the game mod or referring to the content of them.
    3. No editing: DO NOT EVER EDIT A POST. IF YOU HIT THE POST REPLY BUTTON THEN LIVE WITH IT. YELLOW CARDS AND RED CARDS WILL BE HANDED OUT TO PLAYERS WHO EDIT POSTS
    4. Be active: Please all try to reasonably contribute to the game thread and always remember to get a vote in as a minimum. Mods can also kill off inactive players at their discretion. Substitutes will be subbed in where available.
    5. Game schedule: Game starts with a slaughter to be revealed at 10am on Monday morning. There will only be one kill on night 1 - the two mafias will compete in a backroom challenge to determine who gets that kill. Slaughters will be revealed at 10am, lynch votes will be revealed at 9pm. From Friday onwards, if the game is still active, the game enters speed mode. During speed mode, the following schedule will apply: 10am munch; 2pm lynch; 5pm munch; 9pm lynch
    6. Voting rules: The lynch form will be opened then and players can vote until 08:59:59PM. You can change your vote as many times as you like, but only your last vote will count. Do not share your vote form password with anyone else. All votes for the lynch have to be made by yourself. Two missed votes will result in a modkill.
    7. Lynch rules: The votes will be published when the Lynch is announced. They will be posted in order of who received the most votes and then in chronological order but with no timestamps. As long as Judge Snyder is alive, the person with the most votes will be put in front of court. The judge may choose to pardon or lynch the player. In the event of a tie, the tied players will have 30 minutes to prepare an argument for their defence. The Judge will chose who is lynched. If the Judge is no longer active, then the final vote will be the deciding vote.
    8. Are you dead? People are free to post in the thread until the lynch and slaughter are announced. You are not dead until a post in the game thread announces it. Once you are dead, please don't post in the game thread again. You will be granted access to the deadroom where you can discuss the game.
    9. It's only a game: Don’t be a sensitive soul. While boards own forum rules clearly take precedence over any in-game rules, this is a game where people will be insulted, there will be some bad language and people will try to provoke a reaction out of each other. Please accept this is part of the game and don’t go annoying the mods with the report post button unless really needed.
    10. Stay in the game world: This game takes place in Springfield and players are encouraged to get on board with the theme. You don't need to reveal your character, but refrain from talking about real life or the world outside the Springfield Universe during the game. Have fun, make meme’s, take the piss and try to enjoy the game. THERE ARE NO TASKS TO LOOK FOR.
    11. In it to win it: No matter who your character is, good, bad or indifferent, you must play in your character's best interest at all times.
    12. Role Reveals: On death, it will be revealed if the player was team village or not team village. Exact roles will not be clarified, except to players with that specific power.
    13. No meta-gaming: Please try to forget everything you know about previous games and players and approach the game with a clean slate. Don't use information such as online status or other external factors.
    14. Win conditions: For a village win, villagers must kill off all the baddies. For either of the gangs to win they must eliminate the other gang, and achieve parity with the villagers. For either Bob or Herman to win, they must make it down to the last two players. If both Bob and Herman make it down to the last 3, a joint serial killer win will be announced.

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD UNTIL THE GAME STARTS - SOMETIME ON SUNDAY AFTERNOON
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mark on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

And we're live!

Final roster of players:
    • A Neurotic
    • Andy125
    • avork
    • Barney92
    • Beakerjoe
    • Chagan
    • Digital Solitude
    • dottie_lottie
    • Drumpot
    • EMF2010
    • gufc21
    • Jayop
    • Lord TSC
    • Loughc
    • MicksJaguar
    • MrsFlushdraw
    • Necrominus
    • Nopeare
    • partyjungle
    • Pter
    • quickbeam
    • raze_them_all_
    • sKeith
    • sullivlo
    • The_Valeyard
    • Tigger
    • tritium
    • Uriel.
    • Xaracatz
    • y0ssar1an22

Important links:
    Lynch form: https://goo.gl/forms/cfxxHPO6udxRpHdv2
    Backroom: http://changeofplangames .com/wwforum

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Guffy

First boom

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

I'm glad to be back. Had withdrawal symptoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

boom??? he's sideshow bob :P morning all!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,970 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

hello

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

i have read the rules and can confirm that i understand rule 3.

ah **** , i meant 4^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I'm off to Moe's shortly to watch the Springfield bogballers take on the Shelbyville culchies.

Don't plan on getting too hammered so should be able to be on later.

Game looks great guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Wow, this game is next level. The stakes have truly been embiggened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Wow, this game is next level. The stakes have truly been embiggened.

How very cromulent of you.

Says a bit for me that this word already in my autocorrect dictionary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Hi everybody!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Pter wrote: »
    Hi everybody!!

Hi doctor nick!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Good afternoon all! Like Jayop, I'll be watching the game at Moes but will be checking in intermittently today. Love the game design.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Jayop wrote: »
    I'm off to Moe's shortly to watch the Springfield bogballers take on the Shelbyville culchies.

Don't plan on getting too hammered so should be able to be on later.

Game looks great guys.

Straaaaawberrrrry
    Straaaaawberrrrry
    Straaaaawberrrrry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Hello again. I'd just like to point out that Barney and I share a name, which I hope doesn't cause any confusion.

Great looking game modulators. Lots of work went into it thanks.

Barney92 wrote: »
    Hello again. I'd just like to point out that Barney and I share a name, which I hope doesn't cause any confusion.

Quickest role reveal ever.....

Barney92 wrote: »

stay off the sauce barney!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭andy125

Great work mods game looks exciting and hello fellow springfielders

Lets all meet in moe's and get duffed

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah! Hey everyone :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Hi doctor nick!

Well if it isn't my old friend Mr. McGreg.

I'm already in Moe's. To alcohol. And marrying our cousins.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭avork

Looks great!

I'll be away for a few hours. Getting the Monorail back so I shouldn't be late.

For anyone in Moe's, can you ask for "Amanda Hugginkiss" to call me? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭tritium

Im in! I see people are already settling down in moes! Gams looks great mods

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Hey folks, just finished my shift. Hitting Moes later

See you there for some Duff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Ah there's nothing more exciting than Werewolf. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention . . . Werewolf has it all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Chagan wrote: »
    Ah there's nothing more exciting than Werewolf. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention . . . Werewolf has it all

What is this Werewolf you refer to?

Please re-read the title.

This is MAFIA.

;) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    What is this Werewolf you refer to?

Please re-read the title.

This is MAFIA.

;) :pac:

858760bc5e12b1f90f6eac36abac2669166ab18b488ec5f0c1f77ceff491fbf6.jpg

Chagan wrote: »

Maybe youre thinking of soduko! :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hello everyone! Happy Simpsons Sunday to one and all.

• Advertisement

Kill rate is our biggest problem in this game on a more serious note. It sound like weve a much higher rate than previous games.

Advertisement