Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boolavogue wexford

Options
  • 16-05-2017 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I am looking at a property for sale in Boolavogue in Wexford. I was wondering if anyone knows the area and can advise what it is like etc.

We are a family of 4 with two small children and are looking for some peace and quiet country living!!

Any advice on the area surrounding area would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Will get better answers in the Wexford forum, moved from A&P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭secman

Boolavogue and The Harrow which is quite close by are very quiet rural areas. Not too far away by car from Ferns in one direction and if you come back out to ballyedmund it's not too far to get to Gorey. I cycle a good bit around that neck of the wood, if it's quiet you're looking for , that's fine. From ballyedmund you can head across to Kilmuckridge, and morriscastle beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

I'd say your timing is good as the extended M11 will make boolavogue more commutable to south Dublin and prices will rise.
    There's Noticeably better weather in the south east and the locals are well used to blows in from all over Ireland and the UK, however work is very scarce .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Very, very small and quiet... a shop, a primary school, a church, a soccer pitch... those are the highlights of what the village has to offer.

Enniscorthy and Gorey nearest towns - about 20 minute drive to each. Secondary school down in Kilmuckridge too.

Advertisement