Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Ulster Bank League 2017-2018 Talk/Gossip/Rumours

1235736

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭GavMan


    Leinster Senior League - Division 2B
    Barnhall 24 - Blackrock 56


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Stainalert


    That's a pretty decent away win by Rock. Anyone know how they are shaping up this season?


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭GavMan


    Mick Carroll back involved coaching the first XV after a stint in Monkstown I believe. Not sure about the rest of the coaching ticket. Think Steve Lamb maybe involved.

    I think the age profile of the senior squad will be pretty young this year from what I've heard


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Stainalert


    Marys beat Old Belvedere 16 - 7 last night in Anglesea Rd


  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LFCTID


    Adam Griggs (scrumhalf) is back in Lansdowne this after a short stint with old Wesley! Sean coughlan (wing/centre) also with Lansdowne this year after a year in old belvedere last season. Adam leavy Connacht academy centre also moving to Lansdowne from galwegians


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Stainalert


    IRFU introducing try of the month competition for UBL. Great idea
    http://www.irishrugby.ie/club/ulsterbankleagueandcup/40474.php#.WbJMcbKGPGg


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Tarf1234


    Stainalert wrote: »
    IRFU introducing try of the month competition for UBL. Great idea
    http://www.irishrugby.ie/club/ulsterbankleagueandcup/40474.php#.WbJMcbKGPGg
    Great idea, hopefully the quality of video will be good.
    Conor O'Brien played for Tarf last night. 45 - 7 win. Men against boys stuff in the second half but first half was pretty competitive. I'd imagine there will be a lot more change to the trinity team for AIL then the Tarf team.
    Max Kearney apparently going to Trinity now.


  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭ym


    Stainalert wrote: »
    IRFU introducing try of the month competition for UBL. Great idea
    http://www.irishrugby.ie/club/ulsterbankleagueandcup/40474.php#.WbJMcbKGPGg
    a fantastic idea - id go a little further and get clubs to show all tries scored oneither twitter/social media


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby


    Tarf1234 wrote: »
    Great idea, hopefully the quality of video will be good.
    Conor O'Brien played for Tarf last night. 45 - 7 win. Men against boys stuff in the second half but first half was pretty competitive. I'd imagine there will be a lot more change to the trinity team for AIL then the Tarf team.
    Max Kearney apparently going to Trinity now.

    Trinity only just started training a few weeks ago i think and would have only found out what new players theyll get 2/3 weeks ago so a few hidings was probably to be expected at this point. Theyve got a few quality 20s players in by the looks of it so maybe next year theyll really push on and this year will just be consolidate their position.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Tarf1234


    D14Rugby wrote: »
    Trinity only just started training a few weeks ago i think and would have only found out what new players theyll get 2/3 weeks ago so a few hidings was probably to be expected at this point. Theyve got a few quality 20s players in by the looks of it so maybe next year theyll really push on and this year will just be consolidate their position.
    Agreed not a good time of year for them. They've lost most of their better tight forwards which would be a worry for them as they didn't exactly dominate up front last year.


  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭stellenbosch


    Tarf1234 wrote: »
    Great idea, hopefully the quality of video will be good.
    Conor O'Brien played for Tarf last night. 45 - 7 win. Men against boys stuff in the second half but first half was pretty competitive. I'd imagine there will be a lot more change to the trinity team for AIL then the Tarf team.
    Max Kearney apparently going to Trinity now.

    MK to Trinity correct

    Unfortunately Jack kelly out for 6 more weeks with ankle injury he picked up in the JWC in Georgia - yes there will be many changes to that Trinity side over next few weeks as Courtney/Mollen/Finlay/O'Dwyer/Dunne/Kelly/McDermott/Sylvester did not play last night- Also Jack Dunne will push for a place as well in the 2nd row


  • Site Banned Posts: 262 ✭✭letf


    MK to Trinity correct

    Unfortunately Jack kelly out for 6 more weeks with ankle injury he picked up in the JWC in Georgia - yes there will be many changes to that Trinity side over next few weeks as Courtney/Mollen/Finlay/O'Dwyer/Dunne/Kelly/McDermott/Sylvester did not play last night- Also Jack Dunne will push for a place as well in the 2nd row

    Colm Hogan gone too?


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Tarf1234


    MK to Trinity correct

    Unfortunately Jack kelly out for 6 more weeks with ankle injury he picked up in the JWC in Georgia - yes there will be many changes to that Trinity side over next few weeks as Courtney/Mollen/Finlay/O'Dwyer/Dunne/Kelly/McDermott/Sylvester did not play last night- Also Jack Dunne will push for a place as well in the 2nd row
    Backline was really disappointing but as above clearly shows it won't be the AIL backline. I would presume Jack Dunne will start.


  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭stellenbosch


    letf wrote: »
    Colm Hogan gone too?

    Colm on an Erasmus year in Toulouse playing with Colomiers-may play the odd game if home but practically gone for this season


  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Braken


    Is it 1st of sept or 1st oct for Ail club transfers?


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Tarf1234


    letf wrote: »
    Colm Hogan gone too?

    Colm on an Erasmus year in Toulouse playing with Colomiers-may play the odd game if home but practically gone for this season
    Surely he can't play if he is registered with Colomiers


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby


    Tarf1234 wrote: »
    Surely he can't play if he is registered with Colomiers

    May be different rules for him because its erasmus since hes technically still a trinity student?


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep


    D14Rugby wrote:
    May be different rules for him because its erasmus since hes technically still a trinity student?
    Would be irrelevant that he's a trinity student. To play over there he will have needed a transfer so would be ineligible to play here


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby


    Would be irrelevant that he's a trinity student. To play over there he will have needed a transfer so would be ineligible to play here

    Could this part of the irfu regulations make him eligible
    6.4.3.2 Players registered with one Club and playing for another club in an Under 20
    competition or for a third level College or University as a student where prior written
    approval to play for such other Club has been obtained from the relevant Branch or
    the Union.
    So trinity would just have to ask permission from the IRFU, the French club and maybe the FFR


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep


    D14Rugby wrote:
    Could this part of the irfu regulations make him eligible 6.4.3.2 Players registered with one Club and playing for another club in an Under 20 competition or for a third level College or University as a student where prior written approval to play for such other Club has been obtained from the relevant Branch or the Union. So trinity would just have to ask permission from the IRFU, the French club and maybe the FFR
    to play abroad you need transfer. Isn't so simple to come back and play. Possibly could come back play odd game or two as a 'guest' player
    That ruling is Ireland only and international transfers would be different


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Stainalert


    Braken wrote: »
    Is it 1st of sept or 1st oct for Ail club transfers?

    June 1st (unless moving city for job or student graduating from college)


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Stainalert


    St Marys 20 Lansdowne 31

    Very entertaining game - both teams moved the ball well

    Marys look like they have really upped their game


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby


    Stainalert wrote: »
    St Marys 20 Lansdowne 31

    Very entertaining game - both teams moved the ball well

    Marys look like they have really upped their game

    Many new players for either side?


  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LFCTID


    Stainalert wrote: »
    St Marys 20 Lansdowne 31

    Very entertaining game - both teams moved the ball well

    Marys look like they have really upped their game

    Yeah was a good entertaining game alright we (Lansdowne) were piss poor for the majority of the opening half tho letting in 20 points having saying that our 15 scored a cracker try in the second half. New players that were out Sean coughlan in centre and that's about it really.. dunno about the Mary's side tho as to who they had out really bar the regulars that I know Ciaran ruddock etc.. they played a decent brand of rugby too.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Stainalert


    D14Rugby wrote: »
    Many new players for either side?

    Matt Oppermann and Tim Maupin for Marys

    Jack Dwan & Charlie Rock for Lansdowne


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭GavMan


    Seapoint beat Rock 22-20. Pretty poor game. Low on quality and high on errors


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep


    AIL starting this weekend.
    Munster Senior Cup started last weekend.

    Bank of Ireland Munster Senior Cup:
    Bruff 24 Sunday’s Well 0
    Cashel 12 UCC 25
    Midleton 25 Old Crescent 45
    Nenagh 13 UL Bohs 18
    Shannon 12 Cork Con 20
    Young Munster 20 Highfield 7

    Quarter-Finals
    Old Crescent v UL Bohs
    Garryowen v Young Munster
    UCC v Cork Con
    Bruff advance to the semi-finals where they will face either Old Crescent or U.L. Bohs.


  • Site Banned Posts: 262 ✭✭letf


    UCD side from last weekend that defeated OB

    15 Billy Dardis
    14 Hugo Keenen
    13 Jamie Glynn (Capt)
    12 Jimmy O’Brien
    11 Harry McNulty
    10 Matt Gilsenan
    9 Nick Peters
    1 Rory Mulvihill
    2 Sean McNulty
    3 Stephen McGivern
    4 Conor O’Flynn
    5 Brian Cawley
    6 Jonny Guy
    7 Alex Penny
    8 Peadar Timmins
    16 Gordon Frayne
    17 Ben Griffin
    18 Keelan McKenna
    19 Will Connors
    20 Jonny Glynn
    21 Stephen Kilgallen
    22 Tom Fletcher


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Tarf1234


    letf wrote: »
    UCD side from last weekend that defeated OB

    15 Billy Dardis
    14 Hugo Keenen
    13 Jamie Glynn (Capt)
    12 Jimmy O’Brien
    11 Harry McNulty
    10 Matt Gilsenan
    9 Nick Peters
    1 Rory Mulvihill
    2 Sean McNulty
    3 Stephen McGivern
    4 Conor O’Flynn
    5 Brian Cawley
    6 Jonny Guy
    7 Alex Penny
    8 Peadar Timmins
    16 Gordon Frayne
    17 Ben Griffin
    18 Keelan McKenna
    19 Will Connors
    20 Jonny Glynn
    21 Stephen Kilgallen
    22 Tom Fletcher
    That's a very strong side. Good to see such strong sides being put out this early in the season. I wonder will they keep releasing players in line with this.


Advertisement