Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Law degree career options

Options
  • 08-05-2017 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, I'm graduating with a law degree next year, but I feel like I don't want to be a solicitor anymore.

My question is what alternative careers are available with a law degree (without doing FE1s)? Would I be able to land a job in HR management or banking, or even journalism? I've completed an internship at a commercial law firm in Dublin, but the thought of working as a trainee solicitor for 2 years without actually having much interest in the career puts me off sitting the FE1s altogether.

Any careers open to me other than solicitor/barrister/lecturer without having to do a degree in a different area? Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Yoop_

There are lots of options available with a law degree. The skills you will have developed are transferrable to numerous other areas. Pick a masters or some other postgrad course in something that interests you.

Also, just to note: the vast majority of people in my graduating year didn't become solicitors and didn't intend to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TwentyThree

Thanks for replying Yoop_, that's reassuring at least, cheers for the advice!

Advertisement