Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is gorey like to live in

Options
  • 07-05-2017 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

we are seriously considering moving from dublin down to gorey!? had has anyone done it how did.you get on? how did the kids cope? we live in an estate at the.min where the kids have serious freedom and are out playing al day long with other kids obvs in the summer time not so much winter but we would love something like that. where's best to buy where do we avoid? what schools are good? TIA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Gorey is grand. Eventually, you might bump in to a Wexford person

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057371202/2

There's a couple more threads about schools etc. Gorey is thriving and a vibrant town with good schools and a 5 minute drive to the sea.Motorway pretty much the whole way to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Gorey is to Ireland, as Florida is to USA

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

vicwatson wrote: »

Full of old people and drug dealers?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Full of old people and drug dealers?

And retired people yes !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

heres some drone footage of Gorey.
    Theres no doubt that since the motorway was upgraded and Gorey bypassed , it has done wonders for the town

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mojo71

So Dub Mum.. what did you decide to do in the end? I'm moving to Gorey next month from Bristol, I've two kids 7 and 5 !!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

vicwatson wrote: »
    First you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the weemen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭outlooks

I visit the town just recently and noticed a significant number of folks which appeared to be abusing on some sort of substance. This was along the Main Street - Gorey centre. How common is this? Is drugs an issue in Gorey?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

outlooks wrote: »
    I visit the town just recently and noticed a significant number of folks which appeared to be abusing on some sort of substance. This was along the Main Street - Gorey centre. How common is this? Is drugs an issue in Gorey?

Drugs is an issue in every town. Can't say I've seen them hanging about on Main Street but you see them alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

outlooks wrote: »

There's a good few junkies around the town alright, I see them a good bit congregating around the bus stop outside boylesports.

Advertisement