Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query about beaches near Kilbrittan

Options
  • 03-05-2017 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭

I was at Harbour View Beach today - loved it - but I was looking for "Coolmain" beach - are they the same beaches? Just with various names? Or is Coolmain beach else where?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

sporina wrote: »
    I was at Harbour View Beach today - loved it - but I was looking for "Coolmain" beach - are they the same beaches? Just with various names? Or is Coolmain beach else where?

One side (east) of the river flowing from Kilbrittan is Coolmaine beach, the other (west) is Garranfeen (aka Harbour view beach)

http://splash.epa.ie/files/profile/BWPR00295_2015_01_profile.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭sporina

One side (east) of the river flowing from Kilbrittan is Coolmaine beach, the other (west) is Garranfeen (aka Harbour view beach)

http://splash.epa.ie/files/profile/BWPR00295_2015_01_profile.pdf

thanks - we were looking for coolmaine beach but from the looks of your attachment, i'd say we got the better beach - do you think? I looved Garranfeen..

thanks - we were looking for coolmaine beach but from the looks of your attachment, i'd say we got the better beach - do you think? I looved Garranfeen..

I think so.
    I'm not mad about either, something about the sand and the river!
    Prefer Inchadoney.

Barley cove is much further but stunning.
    Nicest beach though I think in Cork is Ballyrisode near Goleen, very tight for traffic though.
    Also Zetland near bantry, the cove over the sheep track from the pier.

I think so.

Nicest beach though I think in Cork is Ballyrisode near Goleen, very tight for traffic though.

Absolutely love that beach - especially when the tide is near full - lovely spot for a swim.

I think so.
    I'm not mad about either, something about the sand and the river!
    Prefer Inchadoney.

Barley cove is much further but stunning.
    Also Zetland near bantry, the cove over the sheep track from the pier.

hmm I have not been to Ballyrisode or Zetland - must put them on my radar - although I would not go to them as a day trip from the city..

I really liked Harbour view - a bit too the beaten track unlike garretstown etc - and not too far from the city

I don't like Inchadoney - too busy and dislike the hotel in the background - I prefer beaches without the businesses near by.. the odd house cannot be helped
    The "beach" as an entity in its own right is great obviously.. if only if were else where..

And yes adore Barley Cove - one of my fav beaches - but again - not suitable for when I just have a few hours free

• Advertisement

hmm I have not been to Ballyrisode or Zetland - must put them on my radar - although I would not go to them as a day trip from the city..

I really liked Harbour view - a bit too the beaten track unlike garretstown etc - and not too far from the city

I don't like Inchadoney - too busy and dislike the hotel in the background - I prefer beaches without the businesses near by.. the odd house cannot be helped
    The "beach" as an entity in its own right is great obviously.. if only if were else where..

And yes adore Barley Cove - one of my fav beaches - but again - not suitable for when I just have a few hours free

via Crookstown you'd be in Zetland in an hour and a bit
    its very small though!
    Ballyrisode is more of a trek all right, but no facilities for miles.
    but worth it if you like a beach without the tat

ballyrisode-beach2.jpg

via Crookstown you'd be in Zetland in an hour and a bit
    its very small though!
    Ballyrisode is more of a trek all right, but no facilities for miles.
    but worth it if you like a beach without the tat

ballyrisode-beach2.jpg

which beach is in the pic?

which beach is in the pic?

Ballyrisode

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Rhinohippo

Ballyrisode

Haven't been there for a number of years. I had forgotten about it but will put it on my list for this summer. I agree on the chaotic parking though and difficult access.

Advertisement