Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bergamo or Milan ??

• 01-05-2017 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭

Hey Lads,

I have booked a weekend away in Bergamo. Having looked at things to do there, I'm wondering is it worthwhile staying in Milan rather than bergamo.

I am looking to do a bit of outdoor stuff like mountain biking, cycing trips etc

Any thought on these please ?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Damien360

Hey Lads,

I have booked a weekend away in Bergamo. Having looked at things to do there, I'm wondering is it worthwhile staying in Milan rather than bergamo.

I am looking to do a bit of outdoor stuff like mountain biking, cycing trips etc

Any thought on these please ?

Cheers

Bergamo is beautiful. It is in two parts. The new part is a modern city but the old part on the hill is stuffed with history. Very much worth a visit. I can't tell you about cycling there but it was full of cyclists making the trip to the top of hill.

Milan is also worth a visit but I don't think I would cycle in that city because they are nuts on the road. No prisoners taken. Make sure you go to the Stefano castle, museum and the napoleons arch. The cathedral is very busy but worth a visit. It is dark and your phone camera is useless in there. The metro is easy to use and relatively cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Heading to Bergamo in October; chose it instead of Milan, because I prefer smaller cities with an historic and walkable centre.
    Any recommendations for restaurants and/or hidden gems to visit ?

Advertisement