Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW 35 Captains poll

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Going with Kun but have a feeling Kane will score well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Going Benteke to continue the decent run he's on. Kane vice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Currently on King.....although the posts by my fellow Mayo men above have put Kane doubt in my mind

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Jesus no. Not for all the tea in China

I just can't shake the feeling! What am I thinking!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

jimmii wrote: »
    I just can't shake the feeling! What am I thinking!

That there's hope.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Why are PVA and Benteke playing two different teams? What transfer news did I miss? :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Why are PVA and Benteke playing two different teams? What transfer news did I miss? :D

Can't get the help. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Just can't call it between Kane & Kun - it's pretty much a coin flip for me at this stage and I really need to make the right call as this is my last chance at winning a monthly mini league I think.

Reckon Spurs could be fired up - last NLD at the Lane (could also see a 0-0 though). But an early goal for City and the floodgates could open.

Going with Kane I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

why is everyone obsessed with Gabbiadini this week . what did i miss his stats look unimpressive :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

What happened to the FFS captain poll? Gabbiadini by far the leader there :confused:... What are we missing? Has Hull manager said he's sending the U19 team :p?

Aguero or Kane for me. Aguero's not getting explosive returns lately but he's scoring consistently (hit the post vs United too). Kane is more explosive and Arsenal always lost away to a top6 team (2-1 at the Etihad, 3-1 at Stamford Bridge & 3-1 at Anfield). Last NLD at White Hart Lane. Title race. Spurs will be fired up. But Arsenal are all of a sudden back in contention for an unhoped top4 spot...
    So. Reason says Aguero. But I've this little feeling that Kane could run riot...

- edit -

Ha. Funny to see the last 2 comments that were posted as I was typing mine :p.

@SpannerMonkey: Owning Gabbiadini is enough for me. Captaining is a huge punt considering the other options we have.

@caviardreams: Do you have any educated idea what captaincy call your rival(s) will make this GW? From your post I guess you're chasing... Is the captain the only real chance of making ground?
    Then yeah it's a tough call between those 2. Aguero's on form and City have to win too. Considering their goal diff is pretty similar to 'Pool, Arsenal & United ones, putting a thrashing to 'Borough would not be the worst idea to try and secure a top3 spot. But everything you said about Kane is right too :p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

why is everyone obsessed with Gabbiadini this week . what did i miss his stats look unimpressive :confused:

Don't get it either. Have him in my WC team as couldn't really find an alternative. Amazed he's showing so well in Captain polls.

I have to stick with Aguero really, although Kane is tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

FHFC wrote: »
    Don't get it either. Have him in my WC team as couldn't really find an alternative. Amazed he's showing so well in Captain polls.

They are gone mad on Jesus as well, despite serious doubts about him starting. I think that site is suffering from serious groupthink at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,768 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Benimar wrote: »

They are gone mad on Jesus as well, despite serious doubts about him starting. I think that site is suffering from serious groupthink at the moment.
    I think we do too here and it's a natural thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Surely not talking about captaining jesus???? I've stopped visiting the site as much since they all developed a love for Norwegian football. It's become a bit of a cock waving competition

Assuming you have either Kane or aguero they are the 2 for me this week
    I still live in fear of aguero !

As for jesus i though he looked exceptionally sharp the last night and I'm now considering going him and not sane for the dgw
    I can see jesus playing both in different positions

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »

It is natural but captain and lineup articles state that Jesus will be pushing for a start ahead of Aguero. Which is a huge leap to make and leading a lot of peoples opinions.

Just to clarify my statement there was in no way evaluating captaining Jesus sound like anything other than insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

We do, but not to the same extent. If someone posts here saying that they are going without Sanchez but would like an Arsenal player we might advise that Sanchez is the best bet, but would also offer Ozil, Giroud or whoever as options.

On FFS the reply would be 'get Sanchez'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

It is natural but captain and lineup articles state that Jesus will be pushing for a start ahead of Aguero. Which is a huge leap to make and leading a lot of peoples opinions.

I have aguero and haven't given any consideration to jesus replacing him this week.
    I'll be captaining aguero. Even in the wacky world of peps rotation it'd be crazy.
    He may start in place of sterling or sane but no chance of aguero in my opinion.
    The cynic in me sometimes think these line up articles deliberately throw out these rumours to get people doubting.

We do, but not to the same extent. If someone posts here saying that they are going without Sanchez but would like an Arsenal player we might advise that Sanchez is the best bet, but would also offer Ozil, Giroud or whoever as options.

On FFS the reply would be 'get Sanchez'
    Not to sound sarcy or snarky but my reply would probably be 'get Sanchez' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,222 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Big Rom at home against a kinda leaky Chelsea? Too risky!
    Have it on Gabbi

• Advertisement

gammygils wrote: »
    Have it on Gabbi
    Neither !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think gabbadini is a great captain shout this week but that's for my team. The thing is everybody has different circumstances. I don't have a wildcard and don't have aguero. Its best for me to do a bit of wait and see as Jesus will suit my team structure better. I also have eriksen and alli so that rules out me getting Kane. My options are benteke and gabbadini this week I've gone benteke but I think when your assessing other peoples choices you look at it from how your own team looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

gammygils wrote: »
    Have it on Gabbi

Lukaku never scored against Chelsea if I heard the lads on Sky properly earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Going with De Bruyne this week. Need to take a risk to gain ground in my private leagues.

zerks wrote: »
    Lukaku never scored against Chelsea if I heard the lads on Sky properly earlier.

He is due so just like his running scoring against west ham was due to end :D

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Pretty easy choice for me this time - Harry Kane.

Aguero for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

looks like the Gabbadini captaincy was a bad move . and he was by far and away the most popular choice for captain this week on the scout . nearly double the next most popular . what was it all about did he walk on water earlier in the week or something because his stats were crap ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

looks like the Gabbadini captaincy was a bad move . and he was by far and away the most popular choice for captain this week on the scout . nearly double the next most popular . what was it all about did he walk on water earlier in the week or something because his stats were crap ?
    Hopefully captain Aguero will do a Newcastle tomorrow and the FFS captain poll was heavily followed.

• Advertisement

I need Aguero to show up tomorrow big time. Benteke was my other option and that would have effectively ended my season.

Advertisement