Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Swimming Spots on Muckross Lake

• 25-04-2017 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

I'm looking to go swimming in Muckross Lake sometime next month. I don't know any specific spot on the shore where I can swimming in relative privacy, so would anyone here know of such a spot?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,631 ✭✭✭✭josip

Sorry can't help but was just wondering would the lake not still be a bit on the cold side?
    We were thinking of bringing our boat out on Lough Leane but are struggling to find somewhere we can get it in the water. It's a small RIB that could be carried a short distance to either a slip or a beach.

josip wrote: »
    We were thinking of bringing our boat out on Lough Leane but are struggling to find somewhere we can get it in the water. It's a small RIB that could be carried a short distance to either a slip or a beach.

Just make sure you clear it with the National Park first, think they ask to look at the hulls of all boats and canoes that are to be used on the lakes.

As for swimming spots, don't know of any very nice but also very quiet ones. The Dundag area seems to be popular and would have thought there are one or two spots across the way near Colleen Bawn Rock.

Advertisement