Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,527 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

youngblood wrote: »
    Def interested in some of this!
    Interlude won't happen at the moment I'm afraid - gone from the supplier at that price.
    Thanks Pat, I'll take 20 ml. I think the other 2 are men's fragrances, but I keep an eye out here for women's.

Both the TF are listed as unisex, but would normally be associated with males. Could be worth checking out the Bond No 9 So new York listed in the 'left over' section above - definite female slant.

golden-christmas-handbell-picture-id123909540?k=6&m=123909540&s=612x612&w=0&h=VnLk8qM3W9DBqifu8Bp2KRwNKe7zDFGm_2kF-e4uaeU=

Ding a ling ling! Calling time on the Chanel - Le Lion de Chanel and Zoologist - Squid splits! If you want some of these, speak now or forever hold your peace.......knocking them on the head in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,313 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

My Hundred Silent Ways split arrived yesterday packed to withstand a nuclear explosion.

Really nice perfume, and a hit blind purchase. Thanks Padraig. :)

My Hundred Silent Ways split arrived yesterday packed to withstand a nuclear explosion.

Really nice perfume, and a hit blind purchase. Thanks Padraig. :)

Great stuff!

Got a really great deal on it so it's a great price for a Nishane split. €23 for 10ml.....two left if anyone fancies some.....

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭markad1

Great stuff!

Got a really great deal on it so it's a great price for a Nishane split. €23 for 10ml.....two left if anyone fancies some.....

Hi Pat, can you add it to my current batch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭septictank

Crate arrived!! HSW presentation Bottle and box perfect, has been put away for the B day.
    Gave herself the No9 So NY and has gone down great, wow it fills the house.

septictank wrote: »
    Crate arrived!! HSW presentation Bottle and box perfect, has been put away for the B day.
    Gave herself the No9 So NY and has gone down great, wow it fills the house.

Yeah, the So New York is the kind of perfume I like on a woman (not that they give a ****e!) - chocolate / vanilla / iris rather than flowery etc. It's nominally unisex and could be worn by a confident man, but definitely swings female.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Slimity

Pat, could I get 30ml of TF Oud wood please?

Edit, I'll take 20ml 1725 casanova aswell please.

Slimity wrote: »

1725 is a non runner unfortunately - have canned it due to lack of interest (pity, it's lovely).

Oud Wood: feck all interest too, but I know there's one chap after an undetermined amount. Might just work as may be no harm to pick some up at the current discount. Leave it with me - will come back in a few days, my dance card is kinda full until Wednesday!

Slimity wrote: »

That other chap took some, so the Oud Wood split is on! Provisionally 20ml left at €27.50 for 10ml, or €52 for 20ml.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

That other chap took some, so the Oud Wood split is on! Provisionally 20ml left at €27.50 for 10ml, or €52 for 20ml.

Are you still doing a split in its original bottle/box, Pat?

Passenger wrote: »
    Are you still doing a split in its original bottle/box, Pat?

Provisionally gone I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Owenjones99

Delivery arrived safe and sound! 4 new fragrances to add to the collection. Tuscan leather has to be my favourite. Thanks again Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭giggsirish

Pat - Delivery received today with thanks in the usual Steller state of packaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭septictank

Birthday girl opened the Nishane HSW and loves it.
    Different to anything she has, Vanilla, Peach, very distinctive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 martinlynam71

Package arrived perfect. Wasn't sure I loved the Tuscan Leather but once dried down little it was nice. Couldn't believe how similar aventus is to montblanc explorer. The bottle for Creed looks class and such good value. I will be buying more again. If ladies creed aventus or silver mountain become available I will get for her. Many thanks

Cheers Pat, items arrived today. I'll smell lovely for a day or two :)
    I'll be in for the next ones.

New email list coming tomorrow morning, including a brand new release from Creed - keep an eye on your inboxes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

New email list coming tomorrow morning, including a brand new release from Creed - keep an eye on your inboxes!

Feck it anyways :D

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - MAY 2021:

Bottle sizes
    Glass bottles: 10ml, 25 / 30 ml (same bottle), 50ml. NB: new batch of 10ml glass bottles I've started using actually hold slightly less, about 9.6ml - apologies.
    Plastic bottles: 10ml, 20ml.

Note: I am currently phasing out the glass 10ml bottles in favour of plastic ones which I feel are superior (even if they don't look as nice).

Note 20ml splits are available in plastic bottles only

"Open splits" need to get a minimum number of people signed up to go ahead.

Shipping
    Courier: €12.50 for up to 5 or 6 bottles depending on size. This option must be used for glass bottles.
    An Post: €4.50 - only available for plastic bottles (10 / 20ml). Max seven 10ml or three 20ml bottles. Not tracked or insured!

Full payment details will be provided by PM / email - I take Revolut, bank transfer, or PayPal.

Creed Price Rise
    Creed implemented a major price rise on 1st April so prices will be on the up across the board. Viking Cologne below reflects new pricing as it’s released after that date. Original Vetiver and Original Santal are old (cheap….ish!)
    pricing so grab them while you can – I have one bottle of each on the way. I’ll try to pick up some more releases for next month if I can.
    Aventus - last two 50ml bottles left at the old price of €85 for 50ml......when they’re gone it’s ~€95!

I also have the following available in hand as of 5/5/21:

Creed - Aventus: €85 per 50ml. Last two left before the big Creed price rise! It's ~€95 when they're gone.
    Serge Lutens - Gris Clair: €15 for 10ml, €27.50 for 20ml, €39.50 for 30ml, or €55 for 50ml in original 100ml bottle/box.
    Simone Andreoli - Sunplosion: Aloha State of Mind: brand new summer fragrance from the Malibu mastermind: mango, guava, lime, coconut - fruity! €21.50 for 10ml - last one.
    Boucheron - Jaipur Homme eau de parfum: Highly rated classic masculine....and cheap to boot. €9 for 10ml - last one.
    Amouage – Beloved Man: Lighter than usual from Amouage. €22 for 10ml, €43 for 20ml, €62 for 30ml, or €94 for 50ml in the original 100ml bottle and box.
    Armani / Prive – Bois d’Encens: €22 for 10ml - last one.
    Missoni - Pour Homme EdP: Fresh and masculine - a modern clssic. €12.50 for 10ml, or €23 for 20ml. 20ml left.
    Dior - Fahrenheit Parfum: The 90s legend reborn in a stronger Parfum concentration, but perhaps easier to wear due to reduced petrol note. €17.50 for 10ml, or €33 for 20ml. 20ml left.
    Kilian - Straight to Heaven: Boozy masculine from super pricey French house €27 for 10ml - last one. You'll find it hard to find Kilian cheaper than that!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CREED
    375x500.67039.jpg

Viking Cologne - BRAND NEW RELEASE *in hand*
    Hot off the production line, this is the brand new release from Creed. Released May 1st (next Saturday) and I already have some in hand ready to ship. Obviously there’s not much in the way of reviews yet, but I've been road testing this today and found the opening markedly different from 'original' Viking with a strong orange note, and much fresher and more summer oriented. It's drying down now and moving more toward Viking with some lovely warming spices. Note that while Viking is a male fragrance, this new version is being marketed by Creed as unisex (but still strikes male to me).
    €30.50 for 10ml, €59.50 for 20ml, or €86.50 for 30ml. RRP €200 for 50ml. 50ml available.

375x500.473.jpg
    Original Santal *on the way*
    Grab this while it's still available! Have grabbed a bottle before the recent big Creed price rise makes its way through the wash so last chance to get it at this price. Original Santal puts the emphasis more on woods (especially sandalwood) and spices (cinnamon) for slightly cooler weather. “Comically underrated crowd pleaser from Creed! Sexy, creamy, masculine, and a true powerhouse. Has some light vanilla along with bursts of yummy sandalwood and cinnamon. Performance is well above average with great projection”.
    €24.50 for 10ml, €47.50 for 20ml, or €68.50 for 30ml. 40ml available.

................................................................................................................

ACQUA DI PARMA
    375x500.31424.jpg

Colonia Club *in hand*
    Spring / summer vibes from AdP as usual – little bit heartier this time, with some lavender and an all-round barbershop angle with green and mint. Old school. Listed as unisex but I can’t see too many women wearing it – definitely hits more masculine.
    €24.50 for 20ml or €34 for 30ml, or €51 for 50ml.

................................................................................................................

ABERCROMBIE AND FITCH
    375x500.3508.jpg

Fierce Cologne *in hand*
    I debated over this one as it’s a bit mainstream but the many great reviews, even from fragrance snobs, convinced me in the end. Typical designer cues here in the vein of Bleu de Chanel and Sauvage etc – good for clubbing (remember that?) and general wear. Touches a bit young for an old curmudgeon like myself, but if you’re young – or young at heart – this may be for you.
    €25.50 for 20ml, €36 for 30ml, or €54 for 50ml.

PHILIPP PLEIN
    375x500.59624.jpg

No Limit$ *in hand*
    More designer juice here, although I’ve no idea who Philipp Plein is. Given the bottle design (yes, that pic is the bottle – sprayer is in the ‘chip’!) I suspect he’s not a shy and retiring type. The fragrance itself is actually a lot better than I was expecting – sure there’s a designer vibe, but there’s definite added oomph with spices; this is actually fairly original. Created by Alberto Morillas who has an impeccable ‘nose for hire’ CV (and is rumoured to have had uncredited involvement with Aventus). Great performance with this one too.
    €14.50 for 10ml, €26 for 20ml, or €36.50 for 30ml.

MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA
    375x500.53379.jpg

Under the Lemon Trees *in hand*
    Does what it says on the tin time here – lemon is the obvious highlight, with a supporting cast of tea, cardamon and other spices. Great summer wear. “Under The Lemon Tree is a grounded citrus fragrance that bottles the rind of citrus feel rather than the tangy tart citrus you might assume. On the dry down I get tea and musk - It's so good. It's clean, earthy, and fresh.
    €16 for 10ml, €29.50 for 20ml, or €43 for 30ml. 30ml left.

MANCERA
    375x500.61046.jpg

Vetiver Sensuel *in hand*
    New release from Mancera, and already reviewing better than most of their lineup. Vetiver Sensuel is atypical though – instead of the usual oud / rose assault, this is much fresher, with citrus, vetiver and spices. Easy daytime wear. “With Vetiver Sensuel you get a clean, bright, and masculine vetiver that isn't overly herbal or hay-like. This scent is very inoffensive and has enough citrus to give it enough lightness to be uplifting without being overtly fresh or aquatic” (Fragrantica).
    €15.50 for 10ml, €28.50 for 20ml, or €40.50 for 30ml. 30ml left.

SIMONE ANDREOLI

Malibu: Party in the Bay *open split*
    It’s back! The fragrance best known for out VIW-ing Creed’s own Virgin Island Water. Like VIW on steroids, this has the booze and coconut, but sweeter and with an almost Calyppo ice pop vibe. Big summer favourite and difficult to find in stock at times it’s selling so well.
    €21.50 for 10ml, €40.50 for 20ml, or €59 for 30ml.

L’OCCITANE
    375x500.2034.jpg

Eau des Baux *in hand*
    It may come from the humble L’Occitane stable, but Eau des Baux is one of those cheapies that always seems to pop up in “Best fragrance for…..” threads on fragrance forums. It’s easy to see why – this is a very pleasant wear with cypress and smoke given some pop by cardamon and pink pepper. Sadly the venerable 100ml bottles have now been replaced by 75ml, but no corresponding reduction in price. “Warm and rich, but not too sweet. Brisk cold weather profile which smells of quality and very natural, not coming off synthetic to my nose. Fairly resinous and quite noticable projection.
    €12 for 10ml, €22 for 20ml, €31.50 for 30ml, or €37.50 for 45ml in the original 75ml bottle and box.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Thebeast078

Hi Pat. Will take the 2 aventus and Simone Andreoli off your hands if that is OK.

Paul

552405.jpg

Here's the brand new Viking Cologne from Creed - in hand, ready to ship (think I'm the first splitter in Europe anyway that can say that). The red of the original Viking is gone in favour of a new orange look - likely due to the prominent orange note in the opening. This is really quite a versatile 'all day' fragrance - quite fresh and zingy for the first few hours, becoming more spicy and warm (akin to the original Viking) later in the development. I'm a big Viking fan and this is a really complementary flanker - unlike Aventus Cologne which some would say is too close to the original to warrant a separate purchase, this is different enough to its parent not to be redundant while still retaining some familiarity. I don't know what Creed are playing at with the names though - both Viking Cologne and Aventus Cologne are eaux de parfum, and different products from the colognes Viking and Aventus......they really could have thought it through better!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

Got my nishane saffran today!
    Packaging A1
    Scent unreal, it's "going out on a summer evening in a bottle!" Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭pm.

Hi Pat

Package received today perfect as usual, delighted with the juice... Went nose blind after 3 lol... Looking forward to wearing them

Found one last 10ml of Hermes H24 if anyone wants it @ €14 - drop me a PM.

New batch arrived today.
    Thanks Pat.

I also have the following available in hand as of 14/5/21 ready to ship next week:

Creed - Aventus: €95 per 50ml.
    Creed - Original Santal: €24.50 for 10ml, €47.50 for 20ml. 20ml left.
    Acqua di Parma - Colonia Club: €24.50 for 20ml or €34 for 30ml, or €51 for 50ml.
    Abercrombie & Fitch - Fierce: €25.50 for 20ml, €36 for 30ml, or €54 for 50ml.
    Phillip Plein - No Limit$: €14.50 for 10ml, €26 for 20ml, or €36.50 for 30ml.
    Maison Mergiela - Under the Lemon Trees: €16 for 10ml - last one.
    Mancera - Vetiver Sensuel: €15.50 for 10ml or €28.50 for 20ml. 30ml left.
    L'Occitave - Eau des Baux: €12 for 10ml, €22 for 20ml, €31.50 for 30ml, or €37.50 for 45ml in the original 75ml bottle and box.
    Serge Lutens - Gris Clair: €15 for 10ml, €27.50 for 20ml, €39.50 for 30ml, or €55 for 50ml in original 100ml bottle/box.
    Amouage – Beloved Man: Lighter than usual from Amouage. €22 for 10ml, €43 for 20ml, €62 for 30ml, or €94 for 50ml in the original 100ml bottle and box.
    Armani / Prive – Bois d’Encens: €22 for 10ml - last one.
    Missoni - Pour Homme EdP: Fresh and masculine - a modern clssic. €12.50 for 10ml, or €23 for 20ml. 20ml left.
    Dior - Fahrenheit Parfum: The 90s legend reborn in a stronger Parfum concentration, but perhaps easier to wear due to reduced petrol note. €17.50 for 10ml, or €33 for 20ml. 20ml left.

Drop a PM if interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Oldref

Hi Pat, package arrived last week. Top class as always!!

SOTD: No Limit$ by Philipp Plein. All the attention goes on the bottle - I'm not sure if it's the best or worst design ever! (Certainly a pain to decant from...). The scent though is better than you might think, unsurprisingly given it's an Alberto Morillas creation and he knows a thing or two about fragrance creation. Pretty synthetic stuff, but that's not always a bad thing - plenty of pepper and clove and some sweet amber, along with dollops of other smells. Bit of a mix of designer and niche really, and not as straightforward as perhaps expected. Does lean a bit young for me, but I'm pretty decrepit these days! Recommended for under 40s, evening wear - but your mileage may vary!

553443.jpg

• Advertisement

New list gone out by email this afternoon!

Advertisement