Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW 31 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Thinking of bringing in Origi for Costa....

Is Origi nailed on to start next few games do people think?
    Depends on Mane's injury.  If Mane is out for the season then I think I'll bring Origi in.  With Lallana out for a month as well it should more or less guarantee Origi the rest of the season.
    If Mane is only out for a week or two then you'll prob get just 3 games or so out of Origi before he becomes someone you have to use a transfer on.
    I'm strongly considering Origi as well but I'll be waiting for more news about Mane.  Reports said we should hear more today but nothing reported yet.
    Worth holding on a day imo if you can

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I was probably going to do Mane to Sanchez but I'm 0.1 short today. I did Mane to De Bruyne instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 affcu

I'm shipping Mane and Lukaku for Sane and Zlatan—thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

affcu wrote: »
    I'm shipping Mane and Lukaku for Sane and Zlatan—thoughts?

I'm holding off on Lukaku to Ibra. Lukaku has 2 home games v Leicester (pre CL QF) and Burnley (poor travellers) straight after the Man U game.

If Man U slip up again, Ibra might start to be rested for the EL. If not I'll bring him in for the DGW but probably not before.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Gabbi to vardy

Mane to son I think! Anyone think I'm mad? I'll have 2 x Leicester 3x Spurs this week then

Son's time will likely end when Kane comes back, and then you can't get him in because you already have Spurs x 3. This will also be me when he returns and I'm hoping to have a spare transfer banked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

F1ngers wrote: »
    Apart from his red and subsequent ban earlier he hasn't missed a game.

Why do you think he will now?

If they win midweek they're getting closer to entering the nothing to play for gang. With added European distractions. Only thing I would say is Vardy and Co. do have something to prove after their earlier season form if they're knocked out of the Champions League.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,805 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Vardy is gone for me this weekend no matter what. If they win against Sunderland, then their manager would be insane not to rest nearly the whole 11 in what will probably prove to be Leicester's only ever Champions League quarter final of our lifetimes, if ever.

I can see it being back to Aguero. Just a matter of figuring out how best to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Benimar wrote: »
    I'm holding off on Lukaku to Ibra. Lukaku has 2 home games v Leicester (pre CL QF) and Burnley (poor travellers) straight after the Man U game.

If Man U slip up again, Ibra might start to be rested for the EL. If not I'll bring him in for the DGW but probably not before.

I'm really torn on Ibra in for lukaku for 4 point hit
    I'm beginning to think a wait and see approach with ibra may be best as I'll have I'll have to move Vardy and llorente on soon too
    Have to play one of sterling Lukaku or llorente tomorrow night then though !
    I'm already starting yoshida over them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

km79 wrote: »
    I'm really torn on Ibra in for lukaku for 4 point hit
    I'm beginning to think a wait and see approach with ibra may be best as I'll have I'll have to move Vardy and llorente on soon too
    Have to play one of sterling Lukaku or llorente tomorrow night then though !
    I'm already starting yoshida over them

Play Lukaku

spock. wrote: »
    Play Lukaku

Yeah I think the sensible play now is to hold off on Ibra until 34 itself after the Chelsea game
    Yep I'm going to bank my hit too :D
    Just have a funny feeling Kane may be back for the Bournemouth game
    He can be slow to get up to speed though but I'll get him anyway !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I see Zaha being a (very) popular transfer this GW. What's the thinking? Mainly DGW planning? No one concerned 'bout their horrible run of fixtures and 'Pool away + Spurs home for the DGW?

Oh lord
    Valencia not at the Lowry with rest of united squad and he usually is

That's a disaster
    I'm stretched now

• Registered Users Posts: 16,628 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Oh lord

That's a disaster
    I'm stretched now

Have Pieters to sub in if he is absent.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

iroced wrote: »
    I see Zaha being a (very) popular transfer this GW. What's the thinking? Mainly DGW planning? No one concerned 'bout their horrible run of fixtures and 'Pool away + Spurs home for the DGW?

i'm guessing he's a cheap(ish) and in-form enabler for a lot of people getting Sanchez in

dahat wrote: »
    Have Pieters to sub in if he is absent.

I'll have useless Sterling again
    If he plays!
    Could be stretched now as I've chambers and llorente too

And I had just decided not to take a -4 too........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Oh lord

That's a disaster
    I'm stretched now

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-vs-everton-news-12840406

Not named in squad

spock. wrote: »

That's not the full squad
    Those are the players they spotted
    Some players join up later /next day
    But Valencia is not usually one of them

manual_man wrote: »
    i'm guessing he's a cheap(ish) and in-form enabler for a lot of people getting Sanchez in
    Yeah I know but having awaken up too late for this GW I'm now £0.1m short for that double move. So was just trying to convince myself I could look elsewhere :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,805 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'd imagine it is nothing. It is a home game after all so there could be any number of reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

iroced wrote: »
    Yeah I know but having awaken up too late for this GW I'm now £0.1m short for that double move. So was just trying to convince myself I could look elsewhere :p.

So there's only one option.....

Victor Moses :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Héhé no. Puncheon came to mind. he did well for me in the past but IIRC it wasn't a success last year when I tried him.
    The most annoying thing is we'll only know by Friday (at best) the DGW schedule... That doesn't help me at all. My strong front 8 does not help cash-wise too.

So far I see my options as follow.
    1. Mané + Llorente -> Sanchez + Barnes. -4. Sanchez and a cheap 8th attacker who has good fixtures but no doubles.

2. Mané + Siggy + Llorente -> Sanchez + Zaha + £6.4m max for my 3rd forward. -8. Pb is I don't see any worth it... Negredo?

3. Ignore DGWs completely and ignore Sanchez who I can't afford "easily". Mané -> Firmino. Sideways move.

Other (wilder) options are.
    4. Mané + Valencia -> Sanchez + Stephens. -4. Assuming Valencia is out for this GW, assuming Stephens is nailed on. Assuming I'll get DDG in at some pt.

5. Mané + Agüero -> Sanchez + £10.8m max forward who could be Vardy. -4. Sanchez and a short punt on Vardy. I'll get Sané later as my City DGWer.

With these last 2 options I keep injured Llorente though. I drop premium players who have a great fixture in GW32.

So I'm kinda leaning towards option 2. -4 only (is Zaha worth 4 pts more than Siggy before his DGW? Looks 50/50 to me). Any late opinion?

- edit -

Went with option 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

Wilcarded this week because team was decimated with injuries and out of form players.
    Final pick goes as
    DDG/Pickford(someone said these two go well together)
    B.davies, macualey,Stephens,chambers(hoping he is fit by weekend),lovren(too tempted by their upcoming fixtures)

Alli Sanchez firmino zaha Carrick

Lukaku vardy origi.

With 6.6M itb straight swap origi to aguero after midweek games.
    Am i overloading a lot of pool players?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

So no conclusive news on Mane - apparently the swelling is worse than expected and they therefore can't tell the extent of the injury.  However it seems that this is being interpreted as worse than initially feared.

Sounds like he may be out for at least a few weeks.  Enough for those waiting on this news to pull the trigger on Origi imo

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Sooooo Boro defenders, eh?

It's a bit of a minefield right now!

Sooooo Boro defenders, eh?

It's a bit of a minefield right now!
    Isn't Chambers supposedly back for the DGW? Or FPL website are full of rubbish with their 05 April?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,633 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Who do we think are the must have strikers now? 

I have Aguero who will be a season keeper at this stage with his fixtures.
    Also have Lukaku and Costa, both of who I want rid of. Was considering Costa to Vardy for a -4 this week and keep Lukaku for the weekend. Then get Kane bck with my WC and downgrade Vardy/Lukaku to someone cheap(hopefully Gabbi is back).

Is there anyone I'm missing(besides Zlatan)??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I had Aguero, Costa and Lukaku and wanted to bring Vardy in on my WC so I got rid of Costa as Lukaku's fixtures are slightly better but not much between them.

Vardy is only a short term punt unless he becomes undroppable.
    ... Will be moving someone on for Ibra and then Kane over the next 3-4 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Also have Lukaku and Costa, both of who I want rid of. Was considering Costa to Vardy for a -4 this week and keep Lukaku for the weekend. Then get Kane bck with my WC and downgrade Vardy/Lukaku to someone cheap(hopefully Gabbi is back).

If you don't mind me asking, why do you want rid of Lukaku? Top scorer in the league and 3 double digit returns in his last 7. After tonight he has good fixtures bar CHE all the way to the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,633 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Benimar wrote: »

If you don't mind me asking, why do you want rid of Lukaku? Top scorer in the league and 3 double digit returns in his last 7. After tonight he has good fixtures bar CHE all the way to the end of the season.
    I can just see Everton falling away tbh and if I want Kane I'll need a cheaper 3rd striker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Ibra - Vardy - Lukaku
    With Vardy making way for Kane when he returns

Advertisement