Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MLB 2017 Regular Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

ShyMets wrote: »
    Sums things up nicely. Its got to a stage where I've almost stopped watching the Mets. Only Smith and Rosario are keeping my interest alive. The whole thing is beyond a train wreck and now Edgin and Pill are in New York seeing doctors. At the rate the entire 40 man roster will be on the DL.

Matz to DL now. Tommy '7.91 ERA' Milone to start tomorrow.

Rotation is now deGrom, Montero, Gsellman, Flexen and Milone. You have to laugh at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,073 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Matz to DL now. Tommy '7.91 ERA' Milone to start tomorrow.

Rotation is now deGrom, Montero, Gsellman, Flexen and Milone. You have to laugh at this stage.

Or cry, or hit the bottle of Dingle Distillery's best (highly recommended. Their gin's good too!)

At least Neil Martinez of the beer-league fastball is gone. What a joke *that* guy was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Igotadose wrote: »
    Or cry, or hit the bottle of Dingle Distillery's best (highly recommended. Their gin's good too!)

At least Neil Martinez of the beer-league fastball is gone. What a joke *that* guy was.

Is is too late to support the Yankees

Is is too late to support the Yankees

Never! Death before supporting the Y******s!

Dillon Gee got a win for the Twins last night too.....!!!!

And there was a Grandy grand slam.

• Advertisement

Never! Death before supporting the Y******s!

Strangely I'm somewhat indifferent to the Yankees. Although, like the Giants, in Football, I could never bring myself to cheer for them. I do however have a real liking for the Giants jersey.

But that's for another forum

Poor Rich Hill.
    Perfect Game going into the 9th against the Pirates.
    Broken up by an error by the 2nd baseman.
    No hitter going into the 10th, broken up by a walk off home run

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Unreal by Hill last night, felt really gutted for him.

Red Sox now only four games behind the Astros for the best record in the AL. Who would have thought that would happen a month ago.

If you didn't hit the gin then, you probably will now. Down goes Conforto clutching his shoulder after swinging through a pitch. Didn't look good. You couldn't make this up!

https://twitter.com/goodfundies/status/900781417155702785

EDIT - Dislocated shoulder.

EDIT 2 - On the 15th anniversary of the Wilpons buying the club too.

• Advertisement

If you didn't hit the gin then, you probably will now. Down goes Conforto clutching his shoulder after swinging through a pitch. Didn't look good. You couldn't make this up!

EDIT - Dislocated shoulder.

EDIT 2 - On the 15th anniversary of the Wilpons buying the club too.

Bring up Tebow. WTF why not. Season's been over since the ASG. Conforto likely to go under the knife for this one.

Put de Grom on the DL to protect him, too. Why bother risk it. What an awful season, really kind of unimaginable.

Interesting set of afternoon games for what should have been a typical boring Thursday afternoon. Big brawl just broke out in the Tigers Yankees game.

https://twitter.com/si_mlb/status/900807859730096129

https://twitter.com/si_mlb/status/900809238456524800

Bring up Tebow. WTF why not. Season's been over since the ASG. Conforto likely to go under the knife for this one.

Put de Grom on the DL to protect him, too. Why bother risk it. What an awful season, really kind of unimaginable.

Last night I was trying to think of a team that has had a worst run of injuries in recent years and I can't. Something seriously wrong with strength and conditioning. But according to Sandy 'nothing to see here folks'

The Tebow idea is not so crazy. He'll put bums on seats and make a few extra dollars for the Wilton's which won't be spent on the team

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Last night I was trying to think of a team that has had a worst run of injuries in recent years and I can't. Something seriously wrong with strength and conditioning. But according to Sandy 'nothing to see here folks'

Mariners have had a pretty rough year for injuries.

4 out of their 5 starters have spent significant time on the DL (including right now), including one who will likely never pitch for them (Drew Smyly).

They've had various important position players on the DL for significant time too (Mitch Haniger (twice) and Jean Segura, both of whom were hitting over .300 at the time).

I read yesterday that the Mets are only 6th in days lost to the DL this season.

Although with the DL being only 10 days now, there has been some tactical use of it by some teams so that stat might be misleading a bit.

I know the Mets have had a lot of high profile players go on it and for times much longer than the minimum but you can't use that as an excuse. Look at the Nats, they've had a bad year injury wise too but are still one of the best (and my tip for the WS) teams in baseball.

Although with the DL being only 10 days now, there has been some tactical use of it by some teams so that stat might be misleading a bit.

I know the Mets have had a lot of high profile players go on it and for times much longer than the minimum but you can't use that as an excuse. Look at the Nats, they've had a bad year injury wise too but are still one of the best (and my tip for the WS) teams in baseball.

I want to win the WS of course but at this stage and being a Nats fan I would like to see us win one playoff round first. It's going to probably be the Cubs so it's not going to be easy.

Dodgers lead in mangames lost! So much for that stat! Tampa first in WAR lost due to injury. Depth matters, owners that'll spend matter.

Dodgers lead in mangames lost! So much for that stat! Tampa first in WAR lost due to injury. Depth matters, owners that'll spend matter.

Depth is massive, Nationals dealt with the loss of Eaton, Turner , Werth and to a lesser degree Harper, Stras and Joe Ross very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

He's such a great pitcher to watch , but to appreciate the pitches you really need to see it on the tv. That curveball is nasty!

• Advertisement

That's just not fair!

Mets DL stints by position. If I was d'Arnaud or Plawecki I'd be worried. Catcher's the only position yet to have an injury yet this season.

https://twitter.com/byjameswagner/status/901090678230405122

I want to win the WS of course but at this stage and being a Nats fan I would like to see us win one playoff round first. It's going to probably be the Cubs so it's not going to be easy.

Murph owns the Cubs!

Murph owns the Cubs!

Harper has as well this year. Need everyone back fit just in time for the playoffs.

Harper has as well this year. Need everyone back fit just in time for the playoffs.

It’s the Cubs. Last year was an aberration. Dodgers v. GNats for the Pennant. gNats v. Houston for the WS. Houston in 6

FFS Cespedes injured now!

You couldn't make this up

FFS Cespedes injured now!

You couldn't make this up

Hamstring strain. Could be gone for rest of season. 100 loss season here we come!

Hamstring strain. Could be gone for rest of season. 100 loss season here we come!

Saw somewhere that Conforto's rehab might take 12 months, too.

Good night at the pub last night in West Kerry. Excellent local brews, great craic, outstanding trad. Got to practice what little Irish I know, too.

Other teams I follow: the Jets and the Knicks. Going to be a long time till spring training. Many pub trips.

Well, maybe Kerry GAA will win this weekend. That'll be nice.

Saw somewhere that Conforto's rehab might take 12 months, too.

Good night at the pub last night in West Kerry. Excellent local brews, great craic, outstanding trad. Got to practice what little Irish I know, too.

Other teams I follow: the Jets and the Knicks. Going to be a long time till spring training. Many pub trips.

Well, maybe Kerry GAA will win this weekend. That'll be nice.

I think 12 months is worst case scenario. But he almost certainly won't be around for the start of next season. Another position which needs to be filled.

The Jets are my football team. On the bright side at least we're going in to the football season with zero expections.

Dublin GAA is my passion. Baseball and Mets being next to that. I've no love for Kerry but they should win

• Advertisement

Mets already down five runs to the Nats after the second inning. Dare I watch anymore

Advertisement