Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting in Bantry

Options
  • 22-03-2017 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I'm looking to move to Bantry for a while but trying to find listings for accomodation to rent is turning up very little.
    Are rentals in Bantry thin on the ground in general or just not posted in the usual sites - daft.ie etc? It's hard to judge cost of renting with so few examples.
    Any suggestions? Am I more likely to find posted ads in local shops etc?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Rhinohippo

I'd imagine that if it's a relatively short term rent that there should be plenty of holiday homes available. Even posting on here might spur somebody on to contacting you. If it's for longer than 6 months, then that might be another issue. Mind you, if you didn't mind moving in a few months, at least when you would be located in Bantry and on the ground, you would be more likely to hear of houses coming up for rent, even seeing notices on the notice boards in local supermarkets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mushishi

Yea. I've seen some listings for holiday homes but they're out of my price range.
    Was planning on going down this week to have look but then the whole bus strike happened :/
    still seems like my best bet is to book into a B&B for a couple of nights and spend a couple of days searching

Mushishi wrote: »
    Yea. I've seen some listings for holiday homes but they're out of my price range.
    Was planning on going down this week to have look but then the whole bus strike happened :/
    still seems like my best bet is to book into a B&B for a couple of nights and spend a couple of days searching

I think that being on the spot is the best bet. You could also try putting notices on local notice boards yourself, with your contact details or placing an advert in the Southern Star newspaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

There used to be a sort of residence/ hostel thing in Ballylickey, AFAIK a lot of medical staff from the hospital stated there. Not sure if still open.
    Hazel wood lodge it was called.
    You'd probably need a car for going in and out of bantry. Or a bike

Ballylickey is a bit out alright. Nice spot but would hope you could get a house more conveniently . Best of luck with it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Call into the credit union on new street,the noticeboard there usually has a few to let adds.

mp22 wrote: »
    Call into the credit union on new street,the noticeboard there usually has a few to let adds.
    Exactly what I had suggested but a good idea to have specific locations like the Credit Union. I'm pretty sure some of the supermarkets should ale=so have community notice boards. O.P. could also post an advert themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mushishi

Cool, thanks for the suggestions.
    I was actually planning on going down to be in situ then literally the next day the bloody bus strike
    happened, grr argh - so yea, no car so nearer to, or in, Bantry the better.
    Hopefully I'll get down soon

Hope it all works out for you. I'd be interested to know how you get on.

Advertisement