Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW30 Transfers

Options
  • 18-03-2017 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭

Potential wildcard on the horizon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Something needs to happen with my defence:

Funes Mori - Holgate - Mee - Yoshida - Brunt

One or both of FM and Holgate out I think. I have 1.2 ITB so might go for Valencia, but I'll wait and see if anything higher priority comes up. That banked money might be crucial with the DGWs coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

For a record signing, Brady is not popular in Burnley. So he's gone.

Olsson too.

2 free transfers so time to make things happen

• Registered Users Posts: 16,630 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Any chance of a spare Wildcard KevIRL?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Wildcard week bar some unexpected returns. Huzzah.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Wildcard activated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Funes Mori out providing the rest of the troops survive the international break unscathed. Mawson/Yoshida the likely replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Palace defender incoming I think

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

MrMac84 wrote: »

Check their fixtures

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

MrMac84 wrote: »
    km79 wrote: »
    Check their fixtures

homer-hedge.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Definitely activating the WC this week, maybe even before end of weekend. Switch things around again after the internationals if need be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Wildcard b1tches!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Funes Mori out providing the rest of the troops survive the international break unscathed. Mawson/Yoshida the likely replacement.

How nailed on is Yoshida? Does it just depend on VVD's return?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

sheroman01 wrote: »
    How nailed on is Yoshida? Does it just depend on VVD's return?

Looks nailed on. Stephens will make way upon van Dijk's return. Caceres could start tomorrow though in place of Stephens.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Wildcarding - really need to sort out GKs, Def and a few other issues.

Currenty have Foster & Jaku in goals - will probably switch Jaku to Pickford for the extra games but struggling to pick a new first choice GK - had been thinking of Cech but Arsenal seems so ropey at the back.

De Gea?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Bank if I can. Sanchez out if stays injured, maybe to Haz if he's fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Thinking now is the time to Wildcard but don't know where to start. Have a couple of bench fodders I could ship.

What teams have nice upcoming fixtures?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

In an ideal world I'll bank, but a lot of things could change over the next fortnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think I'll be taking a hit to sort out my gks Randolph and mignolet have been a disaster since I got them on wildcard. Barring injuries I'm looking at FM to Bertrand and mig to ddg.

Wildcarding - really need to sort out GKs, Def and a few other issues.

Currenty have Foster & Jaku in goals - will probably switch Jaku to Pickford for the extra games but struggling to pick a new first choice GK - had been thinking of Cech but Arsenal seems so ropey at the back.

De Gea?

If you can afford him, sure. He'll be relatively immune from the Utd rotation which is likely. But then you'll hqve to play DDG over Pickford for his double.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

I was thinking of wild-carding to but with blanks week in 34 and DGW's coming I may need to hold on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I was thinking of wild-carding to but with blanks week in 34 and DGW's coming I may need to hold on.

There will be at most 1 team blanking in GW34. (WBA)

If your team is in bad shape it's perfectly possible to plan a WC now towards the DGWs but if a hit will sort you out there's benefit in holding to have more DGW info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

FHFC wrote: »

If your team is in bad shape it's perfectly possible to plan a WC now towards the DGWs but if a hit will sort you out there's benefit in holding to have more DGW info.

Is that not FA Cup weekend, only 6 games on according to the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Is that not FA Cup weekend, only 6 games on according to the site.

Most of those games will be rescheduled to midweek the same GW. Several teams likely to have doubles.

GW34 is the first of the main DGWs. There's a thread.... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

FHFC wrote: »

I presume if one team blanks there will be two :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

sword1 wrote: »

Actually, no!

Instead of City playing WBA they will play Man U. Man U will have 2 games, WBA none and everyone else one.

sword1 wrote: »

That's what I thought until I realised with games at the weekend and midweek it could only be one team to blank.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,594 ✭✭✭Cartman78

For the first time this season I genuinely don't have a clue what to do.....reasonably happy with most of the squad following a couple of half decent weeks but they all seem to have meh fixtures coming up...planning on wildcarding in a couple of weeks

GK = Heaton Foster
    DEF = Coleman Azpi Brunt Smith Amat
    MID = Siggy Mané Alli Antonio Barkley
    FWD = Carroll Costa Lukaku

Is it worth doing Azpi to Alonso?? He looked very threatening yesterday.

The only other thing I can come up with would be Siggy/Barkley to Pedro/Sterling/Walcott

Cheers in advance, cm

• Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Cartman78 wrote: »
    For the first time this season I genuinely don't have a clue what to do.....reasonably happy with most of the squad following a couple of half decent weeks but they all seem to have meh fixtures coming up...planning on wildcarding in a couple of weeks

GK = Heaton Foster
    DEF = Coleman Azpi Brunt Smith Amat
    MID = Siggy Mané Alli Antonio Barkley
    FWD = Carroll Costa Lukaku

Is it worth doing Azpi to Alonso?? He looked very threatening yesterday.

The only other thing I can come up with would be Siggy/Barkley to Pedro/Sterling/Walcott

Cheers in advance, cm

Definitely bring in Alonso, he is essentially playing as a winger, every game he looks like he'll score

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

siblers wrote:
    Definitely bring in Alonso, he is essentially playing as a winger, every game he looks like he'll score

Only worry I have as an Alonso owner is he could get rotated once they win the league. Just in time for the dgw too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Son up front for Spurs. Think I'll get him in if he gets the full game there.

Advertisement