Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC GSM-P Stopped texting

Options
  • 02-03-2017 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,
    I have a HKC GSM-P with a Three Sim Card which has stopped texting, I've topped up the credit but it made no difference. I can ring it and I get voice mail, The sim was part of the original install and was never registered. I get not response to any Status or Log commands.

Any ideas what to try next ?

Many Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Try a New sim card

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yazzar wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have a HKC GSM-P with a Three Sim Card which has stopped texting, I've topped up the credit but it made no difference. I can ring it and I get voice mail, The sim was part of the original install and was never registered. I get not response to any Status or Log commands.

Many Thanks

Can you take the sim out and try it in a phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi,

Many Thanks

Can you try texting with another phone to the system.
    May be the format of the word been sent to the unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Yazzar

I can try putting it in another phone but I dont have the Pin code for the sim ?. does the GSM-P unit have a tamper alarm ?

if I do go for new sim any recommendation on the where to source ? Vodafone/Eir etc

The commands work fine up to about a 6 week ago, I've tried several and the format is correct. but ill try from another phone just to make sure

Many thanks

I can try putting it in another phone but I dont have the Pin code for the sim ?. does the GSM-P unit have a tamper alarm ?

if I do go for new sim any recommendation on the where to source ? Vodafone/Eir etc

The commands work fine up to about a 6 week ago, I've tried several and the format is correct. but ill try from another phone just to make sure

Many thanks

Ive seen the command one stop with the different format so another phone texting the unit should rule that out.

You would need to down power the GSM if taking out the sim.
    It is a tampered unit but if alarm sounds simply use your user code to silence on the keypad.

Meteor would be the type of sim you would use now.
    The newer Vodafone sims wont work.

Its strange how its only stopped 6 weeks ago, did it run out of credit before you topped it up?

• Advertisement

Tried command(s) from different phone and no joy.

It could have run out of credit before I topped it up, I don't know as it was never registered with Three so I could not check?

How do I power down the GSM_P unit ?, I have the engineer code if needed.

Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Try it in a while phone and try 0000 for the pin.
    If you get it going try text both ways.
    Also the power down and up to the unit may reinitialize the sim.
    Have you got it registered so you can check online is it active and in credit.

Tried command(s) from different phone and no joy.

It could have run out of credit before I topped it up, I don't know as it was never registered with Three so I could not check?

How do I power down the GSM_P unit ?, I have the engineer code if needed.

Thanks

More than likely no on the network so.
    Put the unit in engineer mode.
    Open the GSM.
    Disconnect the 12V in the unit and this will power it down.

Many thanks Ill give that a go this evening and report back

Many thanks Ill give that a go this evening and report back

You're welcome, any other question please do come back to us.

• Advertisement

Think Im all sorted, I powered down the GSM re-seated the SIM, Powered back up and immediately got text - alarm activation.

I've tried several other commands Arm/unset/Log/Glog and all good.

Many thanks for all your help

Think Im all sorted, I powered down the GSM re-seated the SIM, Powered back up and immediately got text - alarm activation.

I've tried several other commands Arm/unset/Log/Glog and all good.

Many thanks for all your help

Brilliant, just needed to be reinitialized.
    Glad you have it all sorted :)

Sometimes the easy solution works. Glad you got sorted.Any issues you know where we are.;)

Advertisement