Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer sites (Salzburg/SkiWelt Westendorf Share transfer)

• 01-03-2017 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

Travelling Saturday, but arriving later than my group so need to arrange my own transfer.

Currently looking at shuttledirect at around 50 for one way... but hard to find reviews. What sites do you use to reliably book a transfer? My flight arrives at 7pm so i dont want to be messing around or get stuck with an extortionate taxi.

Keen to hear any advice suggestions as in the past i've always driven or had the transfers as part of a package.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I always use Habersatter but I don't think they go west from Salzburg, mainly east. Might be worth asking though.

https://www.habersatter-reisen.at

Andis Taxi

4 seasons

Both seem to do a Salzburg -> westendorf run.

I'll be curious to see how you get on if you use either as I'll have to get one from Munich in a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭istaunton

ed1604 wrote: »
    Andis Taxi

4 seasons

Both seem to do a Salzburg -> westendorf run.

I'll be curious to see how you get on if you use either as I'll have to get one from Munich in a few weeks

I have used both of these before and they are both pretty good. Especially if your travelling on your own

istaunton wrote: »
    I have used both of these before and they are both pretty good. Especially if your travelling on your own

thanks,
    think i'll go with 4seasons, good to hear from someone who's gone with both,

would usually go with Stephans taxi, but they're oddly not doing a return shuttle trip, have already emailed them.

anyway, thanks for the feedback :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

Just to report back, I used Andi's taxis for this trip and all went very well. Standard setup of the small van type taxi and a few stops along the way. Booked via email and they even waited an hour as my flight was an hour delayed. (Be sure to give them your flight number when they asked)

I only needed to book one way so €35 (cash only) including big bag and backpack. From chatting to the other lads in the taxi they did not charge extra for ski/board bags. I did ask what the return deal was but i forget what she said!

Thanks for all the above responses!

• Advertisement

Just to follow up for next season if anyone needs it.

I went with 4 Seasons
    Munich - Westendorf Return
    €156 , travelled on my own (said €139 on site but theres a winter surcharge stuck on at the end)
    Booked Economy Plus, 8 seater mini bus. Their site says max 2 stops, so at very most you'll be 3rd stop.

In Munich airport, just ask info desks where they are, down 1 floor and go left! There's a Bunch of operators at a desk.

Checked in, told wait, 15 mins later , taxi driver rounded people up and were off. Ended up going thru St. Johann and Kitzbhuel. 3rd stop was Westendorf. Took 2.5 hours and it was lashing rain the whole way.

Return. Flight dep 11:10
    Rang them lunch time Friday, it said to on the email if I hadn't heard from them by lunch time. told pick up at 06:40. Picked up on time and the collections had already been done, so straight to Munich. Just over 90 mins travel time.

So overall, very happy with experience.
    They seemed to be a bit dearer than some other taxi sites, but I couldn't fault them in any way.

Extra,
    nice to see that Munich airport have fixed that aweful passport control and there's a fast pass thing going on.

Advertisement