Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Isopropyl Alcohol?

• 01-03-2017 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I've seen a few threads about this but none down the South East. So does anyone know where in the Waterford area where Isopropyl Alcohol can be bought? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭SOPHIE THE DOG

Gunt wrote: »
    I've seen a few threads about this but none down the South East. So does anyone know where in the Waterford area where Isopropyl Alcohol can be bought? :confused:

Try Dowling's chemist in Ardkeen - they will be keen to know what you want it for.

You can 100% get it from radionics.
    They deliver but they are a ripoff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭mulbot

Maplin.ie ,

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭mountcisco

Any chemist should be able to get it for you. Used to use it for cleaning things like tape recorder heads back in the old days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Tried multiple pharmacies in Waterford city to no avail.

Girl in boots was going to order it for me until she was told she wouldn't be allowed sell it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Silane

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Encron

I buy it from a guy in Dublin. Google Doc Solder, looks like he sells it still

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Vabal

You can get that from Maplins:

http://www.maplin.ie/search?text=isopropyl+alcohol&x=0&y=0

Postage €9.95

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Encron

Yeah but their price is mental and its general technical grade.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Vabal

Encron wrote: »

I won't argue on price, but OP never mentioned what grade he/she needs. I used the one from Maplins to clean my drowned GoPro camera and it did the job really well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Encron wrote: »

what grade do you need ?

Advertisement