Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Centra Summer Work

Options
  • 26-02-2017 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if centra do summer jobs? I'm 16 and live near the Centra in Rochestown and am looking for a job for a month or two.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Skyfarm

doubt if they would ,but easily found out
    try mcdonald's?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,354 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

There's only way to find out to be honest. If you do live near the Rochestown Road you've a good amount other possibilities. Just in my experience a lot of people get into a Summer job via somebody they know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

There's only way to find out to be honest. If you do live near the Rochestown Road you've a good amount other possibilities. Just in my experience a lot of people get into a Summer job via somebody they know.

I live near the college like so the Garage is the only place I really have a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Skyfarm wrote: »
    doubt if they would ,but easily found out
    try mcdonald's?

I'm trying to avoid Douglas because I'd have to get the bus in. I live near the college.

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    Anyone know if centra do summer jobs? I'm 16 and live near the Centra in Rochestown and am looking for a job for a month or two.

Just go in and ask to see the Manager and hand in a CV. Try and find out the Managers name first. It shows you've initiative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭aisling86

Just go in and ask to see the Manager and hand in a CV. Try and find out the Managers name first. It shows you've initiative.

Mary is the manager, Siglinda is the owner - I worked there for years from age 16, if your local like I was they probably know you to see so if you get it early you would have a good chance.

Aisling, where my fifty euro you short changed me :D

joking aside , you would have better luck with rochestown inn and collecting glasses, there guidelines for young people and the amount of hours you do

• Registered Users Posts: 30,354 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Skyfarm wrote: »
    Aisling, where my fifty euro you short changed me :D

joking aside , you would have better luck with rochestown inn and collecting glasses, there guidelines for young people and the amount of hours you do

Didn't that burn down?

has it? i don't knows must look that up, my memory of the rochestown was a cup winning team being in there , they filled the cup with spirits and passed it around , they fought my uncle to get it back,

Advertisement