Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do in Bantry

Options
  • 20-02-2017 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭

Hey peps, im heading down to Bantry for a few days soon (mid week), any suggestions on what to do, where to eat/drink.
    Never been down to west Cork before, anywhere within 30mins drive please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Mizen Head lighthouse (about 50 min drive)
    If you go visit Barleycove Beach & have lunch in Crookhaven

Into walking?
    If so then The Sheeps Head - nice to drive too

Glengarriff is a nice town - visit Garnish Island - about 20 mins drive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Cheers frash,
    Think I might take a spin down to sheep head and do the 4km loop walk to the light house and have lunch at the Cafe.
    Where is the best place in Bantry to go for Breakfast/Pub's and dinner ?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 mutul8

bennyineire I live on the Sheepshead . Make sure you travel the Goats path out from Bantry as that has the most stunning views . I think Bantry house is closed this time of year . As for pubs - be sure to pop into Eileens while out in Kilcrohane on the sheepshead and Ma Murphys bar while in Bantry. Two great pubs. In terms of food the Bakehouse does decent breakfasts  . Dinner you could try the Snug (traditional food) where you can walk in or the Fish Kitchen (I think its name is self explanatory ;)) You may need to make a reservation for there though. Whiddy is worth a look if you can get on a ferry .

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Skyfarm

Benny ,you need to go here
    https://www.dzogchenbeara.org

stay away from pubs and keep on the left side of the road:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Any pubs in Bantry have craft beer ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement