Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rules regarding driving with dogs onboard

Options
  • 10-02-2017 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hello,

I have recently moved back to Ireland an i cannot find relevant information anywhere?

are there any rules regarding having dogs in your car i.e. do they need to be in the back seat, if a big 4X4 with lots of boot space are they allowed in boot etc ?
    seat belts ? Im sure there are no laws of this but just checking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

No laws as such. Just a recommendation that Pets (especially large Dogs) are 'restrained'. Even that recommendation has had it's wording altered a few times over the years.
    The matter has been brought up several times by various TD's and Local Councillors but usually just a "getting their name in the Papers" exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Dazza123

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    No laws as such. Just a recommendation that Pets (especially large Dogs) are 'restrained'. Even that recommendation has had it's wording altered a few times over the years.
    The matter has been brought up several times by various TD's and Local Councillors but usually just a "getting their name in the Papers" exercise.

thought so. Good man thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭cml387

It is a requirement that the window be wound down half way so that they can get all the smells and their ears can blow in the wind.

Seriously though there are no rules other than the commonsense one that they should not be in a position to distract the driver.

Advertisement