Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where to sell?

Options
  • 07-02-2017 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

hi,
    I have an advert up on a few sites for an Audi A5 2012, its priced slightly lower than peer cars as I need a quick sell . Condition etc is excellent. However, I have not had one call on it. Is online the best place to sell this type of car or should I go to a dealer?
    thanks.

Comments

You'd probably get a 2012 A4 from a reputable main dealer with warranty and the banks will give you a car loan to finance it.

Despite your vehicle being cheaper many buyers can't buy privately (due to finance restrictions) or won't (no warranty).

• Registered Users Posts: 81,535 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Have you a good advert up, like about 7-10 photos showing internal and external views of the car and good details in the ad?

Dealer is an option but expect 30-40% less than the price they will sell it for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 menser90

Thanks - I have photos showing the car at all angles, closeups, interiors etc.. maybe its just not a good time of year. I'm very reluctant to go through a dealer for the reason you point out!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Your problem is that you are competing against someone going to the UK for a similar car and cheap PCP deals on new cars.

The second hand market is in bit of a spin at the moment for these reasons. People who may normally have bought second hand might find PCP monthly payments on a new one a more attractive proposition in the long term. Others are heading to the UK to save money and get a higher spec car. Also a 5 year old A5 will still command a fair bit of money so people are less inclined to spend that sort of money on a private sale.

Advertisement