Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda Civic 2009 body part

Options
  • 05-02-2017 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi all,

I was driving my friends car yesterday. He has a 2009 HONDA CIVIC VIII HATCHBACK 2.2 CTDI.

I mounted a foot path on a country road and when pulling off I ripped the left hand side skirt/rocker panel off. Stupid i know :-(

So, ive been online trying to source a new side skirt to no avail.

Would anyone be able to give me some advise on where I might get one, and more importantly what one might cost.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What bit is it? There are a few possible things you could be talking about.

Is it a rubber thing under the front bumper,

Is it a body coloured plastic thing attached to the bumper?

is it a piece of grey plastic running between the 2 wheels at the side?

Is it a piece of body coloured plastic running between the two wheels at the side?

Is your friends car 3 or 5 door?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭sausagekayak

colm_mcm wrote: »
    What bit is it? There are a few possible things you could be talking about.

Is it a rubber thing under the front bumper,

Is it a body coloured plastic thing attached to the bumper?

is it a piece of grey plastic running between the 2 wheels at the side?

Is it a piece of body coloured plastic running between the two wheels at the side?

Is your friends car 3 or 5 door?

Hey,
    Its the last one, the plastic running between the two wheels on the left side.

Cool. is it painted, is the car 3 door?

Do you know what spec the car is, ES, EX, Type S, Type R etc?

Cool. is it painted, is the car 3 door?

Its painted, silver. Its a 5 door, hatchback
    Ill try share a pic here of the right hand side (non damaged)

http://imgur.com/U9OCkLx

That didn't come from factory, it's a Honda accessory, you'll find it very hard to find one second hand. Is the part itself broken now?

They're €375 + VAT from Honda but already painted.

Part number 08F04-SMG-6B1

• Advertisement

That didn't come from factory, it's a Honda accessory, you'll find it very hard to find one second hand. Is the part itself broken now?

Ill get my mate to take a pic of the damaged one and upload it. I know there is damage to where the screws go in at the back tyre. I think it might be salvageable though, i hope

Will upload shortly.

Here are some on eBay, but you'd need to get it painted. Mightnt be much of a saving.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Honda-Civic-Side-Skirt-Vivid-Blue-Pearl-08F04-SMG-650-Free-P-P-/161829578366?hash=item25adcb667e:g:GNEAAOSwiLdV-tdW

I think your best bet is to bring the damaged part to a body shop or SMART repairer, and see if they can straighten it out and stick it back on.

I didn't think this would be screwed on though.

Advertisement