Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dialout of Airitech 250/350 over imagine.ie POTS

Options
  • 04-02-2017 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi I recently moved over to imagine.ie for my Internet. The router has a POTS port for dialling out with a regular phone however my alarm is unable to call home to the monitoring centre. It works fine over the normal wired Vodafone phone line However I'd rather do without the €30 line rental & move my landline number over to the imagine service.
    Anyone know why this is not possible? Is there a way I can get true alarm to dial out for testing so imagine can check what's going on. My alarm company suggested I purchase a gsm dialer for €350 however I'm not inclined to do that. Is the alarm pulse dial instead of tone any help welcome
    Thx D.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If it's an analogue phone line it's giving out it should work.
    If you do a test call can you see at what stage the call is failing?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭djo789

KoolKid wrote: »
    If it's an analogue phone line it's giving out it should work.
    If you do a test call can you see at what stage the call is failing?

I can make regular calls ok from a phone is there a way to get the alarm to initiate a call on demand?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes in engineer, communications, manual test call.

Advertisement