Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Small hen party

• 01-02-2017 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi looking for some ideas for friends hen. There will be 6 of us looking to go away for one night. We are KILDARE based so maybe an hour away thinking of Kilkenny. Any recommendations for a small group and is kilkenny any good

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Kilkenny is great for a hen. If you want to use a company to book it, I'd recommend The Foxy Hen. You can build your own package so you're not tied into doing something you're not interested in. They have some nice activity options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

Im based in Kildare and had my hen in Kilkenny and was a small group of about 8 last year, and had a ball, would highly recommend it. We stayed in Beechview self catered apartments, it is a little bit outside of the city but keenly priced and nice place to stay. We all arrived on the Friday evening and just got a take away to the apartment with bubbly and treats, it was really lovely and chilled out & a lovely way to start the weekend. My sister and friend had the apartment all done up so was really nice.

On the Saturday we went for afternoon tea & spa treatments in the Lyrath (literally a few minutes up the road), and went for dinner in a fab restaurant in the city afterwards, and drinks in the Left Bank. There is a hairdresser downstairs at the apartments so had my hair done there before hand, and a shop and deli also, which came in handy Sunday morning for hangover cures! All in all a lovely weekend!

Have been on another small hen in Killkenny also, stayed in a hotel in town, it was a once night one so we all had lunch in the hotel, then went bowling, had a wander around town, then back to the hotel to get ready and went to a great Tapas place in town, and onto pubs after.

Advertisement