Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

City break - bump on board

• 01-02-2017 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Myself and my partner want to try get away sometime in March for a weekend city break. I am not due until June but would like to get away before its unrealistic and I wont be able to enjoy it as much.
    Any recommendations on cities around Europe that are nice places to go with plenty to do.
    We need to try keep it as affordable as we can and are hoping to get the flights and accommodation for around €400 or less if at all possible.

Places I have on my list so far are Prague, Amsterdam, Madrid, Edinburgh..

Places I have already been and don't want go again are Cologne, Berlin, Barcelona, London, Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle.

Any other ideas of nice, affordable places?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Bilbao, Bologna, Bristol (easy day trip to Bath),
    Gdansk, Lisbon,
    Nantes, Rennes (easy bus to Mont Saint Michel),
    Salzburg,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Spent a few days in Krakow with wife and bump a few years ago. Took in autzwich and a few other trips.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kenkin

+1 for Krakow. Lovely place and very reasonable.

Advertisement