Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Trading-in - do i need valet or will diy job do?

Options
  • 01-02-2017 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭

I'm hoping to trade my ix35 against a new Kia Niro (yaay). How clean does the ix need to be before I call over to the dealer?! I have dogs but have seat covers/boot liners etc and hoover it regularly so the car isn't trashed. Normally if I'm leaving it in for service or nct etc I'd wash at the petrol station, remove all the covers and then hoover,wipe down the interior, new air freshener etc etc so the car isn't manky

Is this ok or do I need to get a valet place to do it?

EDIT - never mind got the number of a place near work who'll clean it inside and out for €45 so going to get them to do it! (I couldn't delete the post!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Let us know how you get on with the Niro please.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

elperello wrote: »
    Let us know how you get on with the Niro please.

Yep I will! I'm short so I hope it passes test # 1 lol - do I fit(!) :o

Well the car came back amazing! They even took out the boot liner and dog guard to hoover underneath.. and they washed the dog step too.

OH and I'm collecting my Niro next week :eek: I think I'm in shock - never bought a new car before! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I presume the OP was talking about when they were bringing it in to be valued as a trade-in rather than when they are collecting the new car. A small bit of effort in having it nicely presented could mean you get a little bit extra for it over arriving in with a manky filthy car that gives the impression the car wasn't looked after properly.

Yeah it was just for when it was being valued. I probably didn't need to as OSI says because I'd assume they'll do it themselves anyways BUT I'd feel bad not cleaning it having the doggies in it a lot - even with covers etc the fur and sand spreads. Possibly i would have got the cheaper option if I knew the car would be gone next week lol! :p

• Advertisement

tk123 wrote: »
    Well the car came back amazing! They even took out the boot liner and dog guard to hoover underneath.. and they washed the dog step too.

OH and I'm collecting my Niro next week :eek: I think I'm in shock - never bought a new car before! :p

Best of luck with the Niro.
    There is a thread you might consider posting any further impressions when you get going.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057681706

elperello wrote: »
    Best of luck with the Niro.
    There is a thread you might consider posting any further impressions when you get going.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057681706

I actually updated that thread earlier lol! :)

Sorry tk123, I thought I was posting to two different Niro converts!!

Advertisement