Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking for some recommendations

Options
  • 31-01-2017 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Back again, looking for some recommendations this time. So last time on my 07 Passat had died a death on me (Engine needed replacing), I'm now selling that to the garage it ended up in as it was costing to much to fix.

Now on the look out for something else. I'd like to stay around the same size of the Passat, which was a 1.9TDI. Engine and body size I liked and would like to go similar again. I do quite a bite of driving, very little tuesday to thursday, then Dublin to Kerry and back each weekend, so looking for something decent and as economical as possible to run.

Budget wise I'm sitting around the €8k mark. I've been looking at Insignia's & Mondeos, most likely going across the border to pick one up, I'll be spending so much time in it that I'd like to have a few bells and whistles to play with and the majority of the NI cars look to be very well spec'ed out.

Any suggestions or any thoughts that might sway my decision or even make me lean another way?

Would love a Passat CC or BWM 5 series but barring a win on the Euromillions tonight then out of my budget!

Advertisement