Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mid sized car 2010+

Options
  • 31-01-2017 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭

A family member is looking for an upgrade from a 05 corolla hatch 1.4 vvti. Milleage is big and needs a good bit of work doing.

Milleage is about 25k kilometres a year, mixed driving, mostly A and B roads. Not many town or motorway miles. So maybe a diesel might suit. But maybe a petrol that can take big miles and is efficient may be less trouble?

I sort of did a short list for them Auris, Civic, Focus, Ceed/i30. The auris I was checking out for myself recently. Mk1 auris not that exciting, mk2 a lot better, engines both petrol and diesel seem efficient and reliable. Civic I don't know so much about, but again the petrols and diesels get very good press. Focus especially mk3 are great to drive, but not so sure on the Tdci engines if not treated well.

The Ceed/i30 I dont really know either, but seem to get good reviews. How are they holding up long term?

The 1.6 crdi seems to get good press.Is the diesel the one to go for, or are the petrols also proving efficient and reliable?

I'd imagine dpfs came in at some stage, but according to posts here it seems they don't give bother.

The mk2 ceed seems to be nicer looking than the i30, especially the sw and not too bad pricewise in the uk. Is the mk2 ceed/i30 a lot better than the mk1?

Any pitfalls with the ceed/i30?

Any other mid sized cars not on the list we should look at?

Advertisement