Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycled clear plastic bags

• 29-01-2017 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

During a recent visit to the local recycling facility (Euro 3 charge) I was told that I now had to empty all the bagged plastic bottles and tip them into the crusher and then throw the emptied clear recyclable plastic bin bag into the crusher. In the past you could throw the whole recycled bin bag and its plastic packaging waste contents into the crusher.

Does anyone know where this plastic waste stream goes?

Landfill in Ireland or overseas?
    Dumped at sea?
    Incinerated?
    Recycled and turned into products?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,703 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Mullo3rd wrote:
    Landfill in Ireland or overseas? Dumped at sea? Incinerated? Recycled and turned into products?

I'd say it could be a combination of all of these and others, maybe somebody has the answer for us all. I'm not convinced of this industrys 'green ways', or maybe I'm just cynical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Maybe it's to aid sorting of the bottles.
    I'd take it as a good sign that the whole lot wasn't going to incineration\land-fill.
    Could you not re-use the bag at home for the next trip?

Advertisement