Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What manufacturers offer extended warranties?

Options
  • 29-01-2017 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭

I'm currently driving an E90 BMW 3 series which is under the extended warranty which I find a great peace of mind. However being stingy as they are, the underwriting insurance firm has changed the maximum mileage from the original 160k km down to 100k km (:mad:). My car is nearing this now and I'm looking at getting something new. Are there any other manufacturers that offer extended warranties you can buy once the original runs out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Some manufacturers just have longer warranties. Might be worth looking at those. Additional warranties tend to be inferior to manufacturers ones. That said, some new cars have a mixture of manufacturer and dealer backed warranty (Mitsubishi for example)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 282 ✭✭Caddyman

Thankfully I got a 2 year extended warranty on my Audi A8 which has had several grand spent on it which didn't cost me a cent!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Kia.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Can you buy the extended warranty at the end of the original or only when the car is bought initially?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭chicorytip

I'm not sure. They offer eight year warranties on certain models.

• Advertisement
Advertisement