Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Golf 2.0 TDi turbo repair/replacement

Options
  • 28-01-2017 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi All

My turbo boost control position sensor is throwing up errors on my CFFB engine (130k miles). I had it in a reputable german indy garage who said I have two options:

1) Replace the actuator - this will fix the actuator but if the wastegates are sticking in the turbo, the whole turbo will need sorting anyway. He did say that from the vacuum test that they were opening and closing but they could cause issues when driving.

2) Replace turbo. He's pricing one up from VW. This is obviously going to be expensive :(

What are peoples thoughts on how I should proceed?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Just replace the actuator. We have done loads and never had one back. Those turbos don't tend to suffer from sticking VNT mechanisms.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭enumbers

Just replace the actuator. We have done loads and never had one back. Those turbos don't tend to suffer from sticking VNT mechanisms.

Agree with George on this if its moving freely on the vac test an actuator will sort it

Advertisement