Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riverdale [The CW] ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,995 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Or he moves to Southside as well and we get a Friday Night Lights situation

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

I think the problem with this show is the production company behind it. Same people who do the DC superhero shows. There's enough conflict and material in those shows from being superhero shows that I can ignore or not care about the dodgy writing. But when it's a teen drama where the conflict mainly comes from the characters they just can't handle it, and the weird decisions the characters make impact in a far more negative way.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

LLMMLL wrote: »
    I think the problem with this show is the production company behind it. Same people who do the DC superhero shows. There's enough conflict and material in those shows from being superhero shows that I can ignore or not care about the dodgy writing. But when it's a teen drama where the conflict mainly comes from the characters they just can't handle it, and the weird decisions the characters make impact in a far more negative way.

It also seems sometimes like the writers have never met a real life teenager. The dialogue between the teens is often so unrealistic it makes Dawson's Creek look good. Veronica, for example, only seems like a real human being when she's interacting with her mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭via4

Loved this I binged this can't wait for next series

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I want Jughead back in Riverdale. Him and Betty are so adorable. I'm 36 on Saturday but programmes like this are engaging and thought provoking. Who killed Jason Blossom? Who shot Fred? If Hiram moves to Riverdale what happens? Wondering what will happen to Polly? I know who killed Jason by the way. I hope Cheryl stays feisty but a little bit more humble next season. She's someone who needs to thaw out a little.

• Advertisement

Blooper reel ending with a season 2 teaser

• Registered Users Posts: 60,522 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Returns October 11th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

Season 2 trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭The Moleman

Might already have been mentioned but the producers are developing The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (as in Sabrina the teenage witch), and it seems like she'll appear in Riverdale first in a "back door pilot" like Barry Allen on Arrow.
    LLMMLL wrote: »

Like in the episode where Jughead's birthday party goes out of control.

The main characters are effectively held prisoner by the ex-quarterback and cheerleader and while their dirty secrets are revealed to the town's entire teenage population.

Why would a person just sit in a chair while they and their friends are humiliated?

Yes it is essentially a fantasy, but the characters still have to make sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Season 2 Premiere is now up on Netflix.

I very much enjoyed the premiere and felt that the show has grown a lot since last season - hopefully it can continue growing and keep realising its own potential.

And Dark Betty rears her head again.

Another hint that the black hood is who is being theorised. Looking in the mirror with the hood on.

Poor Jughead having Toni there to console him after Betty. Lucky fecker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Good Bad Not Evil

After the first episode of season 1, I thought this would be a really fun murder mysterday type show. A little on the dark side of drama's.

It decesnded into wishy-washy juvenile show with awful actors and and terrible story telling. I know it's fantasy, but it's utterly ridiculous at times.

Having said that, I still enjoy it a little. And I want to see how this 'Hood' story develops. :)

The Black Hood is Betty's Dad. I think. Actually Betty's Mam and Dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

**** that lollipop ringtone

I believe The Black Hood exists as Sven.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

This week's episode is by far the weakest one of the entire series. It's like it got lost trying to be an homage to Tarantino, while at the same time trying to steal the good parts of Stranger Things/Stephen King tropes. Painful viewing, after a season and a half of decent entertainment.

Think that's more time focused on Josie than we've had all series so far.

Dunno what's weirder, the fact B & V don't try to see why Archie and Jughead are there at that time or the fact that Pop never seems to leave the place.

And they have Tony Todd and the Sugarman in separate episodes?

The Sabrina spin off series isn't going to be on the CW

Netflix have ordered 20 episodes over two seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

This week's episode is by far the weakest one of the entire series. It's like it got lost trying to be an homage to Tarantino, while at the same time trying to steal the good parts of Stranger Things/Stephen King tropes. Painful viewing, after a season and a half of decent entertainment.

Bizarre episode altogether. Tonally out of keeping with the show, sloppy writing (let's just ignore our boyfriends coming into the cafe looking haggard in the middle of the night— surely nothing could be wrong!), weird plot— The whole thing was awful. What was the point?

US TV shows sometimes contain detached, non-serious episodes.

• Advertisement

Best cover of Mad World ever! :eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

'I'm finished with the south side snakes and I've also stopped drinking'

'Dad, we have arranged a party for you at the pub the snakes hangout at'

ahh, what can go wrong....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

'I'm finished with the south side snakes and I've also stopped drinking'

'Dad, we have arranged a party for you at the pub the snakes hangout at'

ahh, what can go wrong....

To be fair, he probably would have got out of that party okay if he hadn't been worried about Jughead's deal with Penny. He has to get back into the life to protect his son, and if he's in, he might as well be all in to cope, you know? Poor kid; he was only trying to help.

(Still a stupid idea, though, admittedly.)

The abrupt switch in ships is going to be annoying when the season comes back, though. I like Archie, but for him to go from "loving" Ronnie to gawping at Betty out his window an hour later was irritating.

Especially considering he left before her... Performance... Which frankly could make anyone look at her in a new light. The girl is stunning. :eek:

I think they got the wrong guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

764dak wrote: »

Yeah, yer man was probably set up by the real Black Hood or something - told he'd be allowed to live only if he followed the Black Hood's exact instructions.

For whatever reason, my gut instinct has been since very early on in the season that the Black Hood is either Hal Cooper or Sheriff Keller, but after last week I'm guessing it's probably not Keller, so Hal Cooper would be my best guess.

Who was the guy Penelope Blossom was eating the face off during the montage at the end? Have we seen him before?

764dak wrote: »

Yeah, yer man was probably set up by the real Black Hood or something - told he'd be allowed to live only if he followed the Black Hood's exact instructions.

For whatever reason, my gut instinct has been since very early on in the season that the Black Hood is either Hal Cooper or Sheriff Keller, but after last week I'm guessing it's probably not Keller, so Hal Cooper would be my best guess.

Who was the guy Penelope Blossom was eating the face off during the montage at the end? Have we seen him before?
    Penelope Blossom made out with Vic.  He works for Fred Andrews and sold the tree to Cheryl earlier in the episode.  This seems to be his first appearance since last season.

I think Tall Boy kills people as The Black Hood.

If that was it, then why add in the narration about thinking it's not over? Hope that wasn't everything. And was a very rushed ending for something I'm sure they put some thought into.

Betty really shouldn't watch Twin Peaks before going to bed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,373 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Kiernan Shipka is heading this up, according to Deadline.

Miranda Otto & Lucy Davis have been cast as Zelda & Hilda.

• Advertisement

Who still watches it?

Advertisement