Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riverdale [The CW] ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭RockSalto

Hey we don't know they don't have a safe pass certificate! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 60,516 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Molly Ringwald :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I know this show is generally quite dumb and we're just supposed to enjoy it for what it is but I find it hard to believe Betty didn't know when Jughead's birthday was given it's been implied several times that she's been friends with Jughead as long as she's been friends with Archie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I know this show is generally quite dumb and we're just supposed to enjoy it for what it is but I find it hard to believe Betty didn't know when Jughead's birthday was given it's been implied several times that she's been friends with Jughead as long as she's been friends with Archie.

But he's always kept it on the DL and never had any parties.

Also 'this show is generally quite dumb' is understatement of the year, congratulations ;-)

FunLover18 wrote: »
    But he's always kept it on the DL and never had any parties.

Also 'this show is generally quite dumb' is understatement of the year, congratulations ;-)

But it's usually charmingly dumb, the last few episodes have just been dumb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

To be fair, my friends only know my birthday because of Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,991 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That indentation between Archie's eyebrows gives him a very caveman look.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,971 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

A shame, but I'd say that pretty much means a second season of 13 Reasons Why is all but announced - unless there's another project he's working on...

Maybe they're just using that as an excuse to bring in a better actor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

So no new episode last week? Any reason?

So no new episode last week? Any reason?

US TV shows do that all the time. There was no new ep for about 3 weeks a while ago. Their scheduling sucks.

Every time I think this show is just too stupid for me to enjoy anymore it pulls me back in!

Even the singing part of that episode was kind of good.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭caze

Started watching this week, it was the wife's turn to pick a new series, wasn't expecting much but 3 episodes in and enjoying it, better so far than her last pick, the OA!

caze wrote: »
    Started watching this week, it was the wife's turn to pick a new series, wasn't expecting much but 3 episodes in and enjoying it, better so far than her last pick, the OA!

As cheesy and silly and dumb as Riverdale can be it is still a million times better than that piece of s**t.

Bit of an underwhelming reveal. Also, I wish they'd cast someone else as Jughead. The quality of acting varies wildly on this show but I feel like we've spent two weeks watching Cole Sprouse make constipated face through what should have been decent emotional scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Don't think that actor is too bad. The show is complete trash and not in a good way. The actors don't have much to work with. The mystery turned out to be super dull and there's pretty much nothing else going on.

LLMMLL wrote: »
    Don't think that actor is too bad. The show is complete trash and not in a good way. The actors don't have much to work with. The mystery turned out to be super dull and there's pretty much nothing else going on.

I don't know, you can see some of the cast are talented enough, even with the silly plot and questionable scripts. Lili Reinhardt is excellent as Betty. The actress playing Veronica is good, although weirdly only in scenes with her mother. Cheryl is another one I enjoy. She's very over the top but I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt and say it's an acting choice rather than a lack of talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭5star02707

Season finale this week ;) I'm guessing there will be a cliffhanger at the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,516 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The cliffhanger sets up next season.

• Advertisement

The cliffhanger sets up next season.

Meh. Don't think I'll be coming back for that.

"We watch out for family!" "Great! Could you watch out for me in the morning instead?"

Good job it's renewed though we'll have a long wait for the cliffhanger to be resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭5star02707

I really think Archie's dad is the most innocent person in Riverdale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭RockSalto

Started off promising enough and went downhill fast. Complete mess of a show by the end.

Won't bother with the next season.

Watched the last 3 episodes over the last day or so... Dunno how eager I am to keep up with this next season - it's not that I didn't enjoy this season, but I'm not sure I enjoyed it enough to commit to it on a weekly basis next season. It could very well be the type of show I'd come back to next summer once the season has aired and watch it at my leisure...

Watched the last 3 episodes over the last day or so... Dunno how eager I am to keep up with this next season - it's not that I didn't enjoy this season, but I'm not sure I enjoyed it enough to commit to it on a weekly basis next season. It could very well be the type of show I'd come back to next summer once the season has aired and watch it at my leisure...

There was a period towards the middle where I was genuinely enjoying it and looked forward to it each week but by the end it almost felt like a chore that I had to endure to get to the reveal. I can't say I care much about the "cliffhanger" for this season either, I won't be tuning in just to see what happens there.

There was a period towards the middle where I was genuinely enjoying it and looked forward to it each week but by the end it almost felt like a chore that I had to endure to get to the reveal. I can't say I care much about the "cliffhanger" for this season either, I won't be tuning in just to see what happens there.

The cliffhanger for me is a double edged sword because either they lose one of their best (and my favourite) cast members or else he survives and it dilutes the cliffhanger, so it's not really a draw for me to come back to the series as soon as it airs, but I don't want to rule it out entirely - like I said might be a good filler for when everything else is off the air next summer.

I think the important thing is keep it at a half season of 12-13 episodes and not 22-24 episodes.

The cliffhanger for me is a double edged sword because either they lose one of their best (and my favourite) cast members or else he survives and it dilutes the cliffhanger, so it's not really a draw for me to come back to the series as soon as it airs, but I don't want to rule it out entirely - like I said might be a good filler for when everything else is off the air next summer.

I would assume the cliffhanger was purely there to set up another mystery. Who was the guy in Pop's regardless of whether he survives or not.

The fact that it's on Netflix means I'd maybe watch it eventually but if it was a case of having to watch it by other means I wouldn't be bothered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

He will survive. If Fred dies then Archie would live with his mom in Chicago.

Advertisement