Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Replacing run flats

Options
  • 27-01-2017 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

Hello,

The rear tyres on my 3 series are getting close to the legal minimum.

Not having space for a spare, I need to replace them.
    Currently, they are firestones.

before this, I used contis. What are a good brand to replace them with and where can I get them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,186 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Goodyear either the Eagle F1 AS3 or Efficient Grip would be my choice but they are not cheap in run flat version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

ezra_ wrote: »
    Hello,

The rear tyres on my 3 series are getting close to the legal minimum.

Not having space for a spare, I need to replace them.
    Currently, they are firestones.

before this, I used contis. What are a good brand to replace them with and where can I get them?

We replaced the four Falken non-RFTs on our F30 with Bridgestone S001 RFTs last year. Not cheap at 200 a corner though.

I found that the Conti RFTs previously fitted became very noisy as they wore down, lasted well though. Don't think the Bridgestones will last quite as long but seem to be wearing very evenly so far (had the tracking done on fitting).

Advertisement