Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fuel brands

Options
  • 27-01-2017 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

I may be in the wrong thread so apologies in advance:)
    Is there any difference in the quality of fuel brands around the country? E.g topaz, texaco, maxol etc. P.s im referring to diesel.
    Has anyone had any bad experiences?
    Many Thanks guys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

mayo51 wrote: »
    I may be in the wrong thread so apologies in advance:)
    Is there any difference in the quality of fuel brands around the country? E.g topaz, texaco, maxol etc. P.s im referring to diesel.
    Has anyone had any bad experiences?
    Many Thanks guys!

Plenty of threads on this already.
    I'll summarise.

Texaco is best
    Tesco is shyťe
    TOPAZ is great
    Maxol is the best
    Texaco is carp
    Tesco is good
    TOPAZ is carp
    It's all the same
    AppleGreen is good
    AppleGreen is bad
    GreatGas is great
    Green diesel is good
    Emo is good
    It's all different
    AMBER is good
    Emo is bad
    Amber is bad
    Green diesel is bad

Etc

• Registered Users Posts: 20,100 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

pa990 wrote:
    Plenty of threads on this already. I'll summarise.

Are here any objective measures?
    Is it all the exact same every time or does it vary in quality from the same providers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Is it all the exact same every time or does it vary in quality from the same providers?

It's all personal fables really. For example I had a fuel pump go while I was using Station X - Now I'm going to tell everyone that station has terrible fuel! Nothing to do with the fact the fuel pump has 250k+ miles on it, no no! TERRIBLE FUEL!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

As I said, lots of threads on fuel quality, and what I've posted above is what I think is a relatively accurate synopsis of the outcome of those threads.

Best to use the search function.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah I am closing this OP.
    You're asking the same question as have been asked and answered many many times.

If you have concerns about diesel in a specific county the feel free to ask for recommendations of places to buy fuel.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement