Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Apelgreen M1 northbound 88c fuel

Options
  • 27-01-2017 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,048 ✭✭✭✭

Applegreen on m1 are doing fuel for 88cent today whole sticks last coz they sold the euro millions ticket. Was just mentioned on morning ireland

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,914 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Probably going to do nothing to ease traffic congestion on the M1!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Its only while sticks last...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭whippet

I only filled up there yesterday evening '

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Don't businesses that sell winning tickets get a fairly hefty lump sum for doing so?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,434 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

ironclaw wrote: »
    Don't businesses that sell winning tickets get a fairly hefty lump sum for doing so?

I think they get €15,000 and I also think it's taxed!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Out of stock now it seems

According to twitter the queues were almost a mile long at one stage

For the sake of saving about 20e on a full tank it's mad, especially when they probably bought an overpriced coffee or chocolate bar while there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭tanko

It must have been great crack there today, I can only imagine the queue jumping and road rage.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,203 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd imagine all that shuffling in the long queue probably wiped out most of the savings.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ironclaw wrote: »

€25k goes to the shop owner. Up to then whether they share with staff or use or to invest in the business or keep.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Dia1988 wrote: »
    Out of stock now it seems

According to twitter the queues were almost a mile long at one stage

For the sake of saving about 20e on a full tank it's mad, especially when they probably bought an overpriced coffee or chocolate bar while there

Depends on your tank. I would have saved about €33. I seen some trucks in the que on their twitter account. I'd imagine the savings for them would be substantially more as it was a 40c plus per litre saving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

Was there a limit of X liters per customer ?

Just like the 5c off when you get a car wash, it's limited to 50L

if there was no limit, i could imagine someone pulling up with a trailer containing an IBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

It was brilliant I drove up from Cork to avail of the cheap ****e!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,048 ✭✭✭✭neris

kceire wrote: »
    Depends on your tank. I would have saved about €33. I seen some trucks in the que on their twitter account. I'd imagine the savings for them would be substantially more as it was a 40c plus per litre saving.

trucks would save big time as they buy a few hundred litres possibly a thousand and a bit but max tank on a car/suv is about 80 litres so you wouldnt even save enough for a decent meal out?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,442 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Still you're gonna need diesel in the next few weeks so it made sense to fill up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Heard some dude turned up with a 300l tank to fill up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

I was passing to go into Balbriggan so I pulled in to fill up. Queue took about 20 minutes and they were giving out free chicken nuggets during the way :D

Advertisement