Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2008 Honda Civic service interval

Options
  • 26-01-2017 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Hi. Can anyone tell me the service intervals for a 1.8 vtec honda civic. Is it supposed to be 10,000km or 6 months??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's on http://owners.honda.com/service-maintenance/minder
    Do you intend to service yourself?
    What mileage is car now?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭mcbobbyb

No Id get a garage to do it once a year. Dont do much milage. Am looking at buying one this weekend and have been looking at the service history. Say a 2008 model.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Oki, moved out from the DIY forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

My service book says that for my 2007 Civic, I'm doing it ever you 15,000. 10k seems very conservative.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,438 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Once a year or every 15k. I do mine at 10k but for you once a year would be the way to go if you're doing small mileage.

• Advertisement

Heres one that I looked at. You can see the schedule

civic.jpg

That looks like it was religiously over-serviced! Hopefully they're not just stamps and the servicing actually happened.

Ok thanks. Is that just an oil change that they recommend every 10,000km.

You don't need anything every 10,000km. I do mine at that mileage cos I service the car twice a year. It's not really necessary but I'm getting the oil and parts cheap and doing it myself.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That looks like it was religiously over-serviced! Hopefully they're not just stamps and the servicing actually happened.

I agree im a bit wary of that too.

• Advertisement

Easily verified if the garage is still in business.
    Those engines are tough as old boots anyway. You'll hear if something is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

colm_mcm wrote: »

It's an 9 year old car and was serviced once a year. How is that over servicing? The intervals are generally xxxx kms or 12 months which ever comes first. The owner of that car stuck to the servicing schedule.

Jeez...Some people look for the negative in everything.

It's an 9 year old car and was serviced once a year. How is that over servicing? The intervals are generally xxxx kms or 12 months which ever comes first. The owner of that car stuck to the servicing schedule.

Jeez...Some people look for the negative in everything.

It's not a criticism at all - it's great to see a car with s full house of stamps. In 1 case there's only 8 months and 7000km between services. The only caution I advised was to check that the servicing was actually done, as I have seen cars with loads of stamps that turned out to be false, and one service history that turned out to be from a different car altogether.

Would garages have these records from years back? The garages are still there.

They'd probably know the car in Scully given it got 5 services there.
    Note they're not obliged to give out any information.

Advertisement