Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

High mileage (to me) 2013 XE auto Qashqai

Options
  • 26-01-2017 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi

Just wondering what would you need to look out for with 135000 - 160000 KM auto petrol 2013 Qashqais. I'm on the lookout and have tested a few cars (Golf, CT200, Pulsar, Leon) but nothing suitable yet. I came across a number of the cars as described for sale in Right Price Cars and Bill Griffin Motors.

Would you have a look or just ignore them? If I was going to buy I would bring a mechanic first.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭GavMan

regular service history and that the gearbox has been serviced with fluid changes at the correct intervals. That gearbox service is an absolute deal breaker.

Petrol Qashqai is a rare find...

• Registered Users Posts: 73,438 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Watch out for ex rentals.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ruamar

Thanks Colm, between the two dealers there are 6 models, 5 have similar reg numbers, 54XX. This does kinds indicate batch bought and probably rental stock. Would you walk away or just look out for anything in particular?

Thanks GavMan, I have been looking for a qashqai for a bit now, driving distances don't warrant a diesel. Are there any give away signs to check on the gearbox?

With ex rental I'd be looking for accident repairs. Stuff like auto Qashqai may have been rentals for 4 years as fleets often keep automatic stuff for the off season. I'd be very reluctant to buy a long term automatic rental. They tend to be driven by Americans who aren't used to European roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭GavMan

ruamar wrote: »
    Thanks GavMan, I have been looking for a qashqai for a bit now, driving distances don't warrant a diesel. Are there any give away signs to check on the gearbox?

I'm not familiar with that box but experience of others tells me you just can't not look after an auto-box.

I'm sure you'll find better googling but any strange noised when selecting a gear, gears slipping or mis-selecting gears. That type of thing. Generally you shouldn't notice much at all but if you're starting to notice odd behaviors with the gears just avoid it (shaking, shuddering, whining...etc)

• Advertisement

Thanks to both of you, I think I might give them a miss. Mileage is just a little too high.

Did a check on another 2013, keenly priced 2013 360 model but it shows up as Category C write off
    Vehicle extensively damaged but repairable - the insurer decided not to repair

• Registered Users Posts: 51,196 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If your looking at the cheapest examples of a car in a particular year then your dredging the bottom of the market. Cheapest examples are usually cheap for a good reason.

bazz26 wrote: »
    If your looking at the cheapest examples of a car in a particular year then your dredging the bottom of the market. Cheapest examples are usually cheap for a good reason.

I know, I initially had a mileage filter on the search and turned it off, that's where the examples above came in

What has led you to looking at Qashqais over the other cars you mentioned?

Personally I'd avoid the likes of RPC and Bill Griffins.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    What has led you to looking at Qashqais over the other cars you mentioned?

Personally I'd avoid the likes of RPC and Bill Griffins.

I was warned away from the VAG Tsi engine which ruled out the Leon and Golf, I tested the CT200 but found it a bit cramped. I had a look at a qashqai on Monday and it ticked most of the boxes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement