Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2002 BMW E39 PDC

Options
  • 24-01-2017 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭

Hey lads, looking for a bit of help here with my PDC. It was never working when I bought the car due to some bad sensors and the front speaker being unplugged. Recently I finally decided to go at it, sorted the speaker and replaced the 4 Sensors up front and two in the rear, the middle two rear were replaced last year as part of bodywork.

Now the weird issue. When the engine is on the sensors seem to go mad, the front ones mainly, always seem to cut in on the rears for some reason. Yet with the just the ignition on and the gearbox in R they work perfectly? You can go around to each sensor with your hand and it detects the space perfectly, start the car and then they go mad again!

So any ideas? PDC module at fault and needing replacement? Overvoltage maybe? I'm getting no faults on Carly for BMW.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Waterson

Have you tried scanning the PDC module for faults using INPA or simlar? I would be curious to know why the original sensors failed and whether transistors in the module are at fault or whether it is a case of reflashing the module using progman post repairs...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Waterson wrote: »
    Have you tried scanning the PDC module for faults using INPA or simlar? I would be curious to know why the original sensors failed and whether transistors in the module are at fault or whether it is a case of reflashing the module using progman post repairs...

The BMW sensors of that era are known to be utter rubbish, all sensors currently in it are brand new BMW units. Haven't put it on INPA yet but according to others I doubt it will point anywhere.

Advertisement