Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Advice on a roundabout

• 20-01-2017 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kpi0s9mi3ng9qsu/image1.PNG?dl=0

I need advice on this situation, some may already know this. Basically on this road there is 2 lanes. you can see on the sign there are 2 roundabouts ahead. on the 2nd roundabout there is an entrance to the motor way at the 3oclock exit. My question is, if were coming up that dual lane, should you be in the left lane or right lane if heading for motorway.
    In my view you stay left as your going straight through the roundabout taking the 12o clock exit, but a lot of people stay in the right lane to take that same 12 o clock exit and im just waiting for a crash to happen some day.

Can anyone advise

YaKp8vqDcUA2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Personally I'd agree with you on staying in the left lane for the first roundabout. I can see the argument for the right lane, it makes more sense that way since otherwise that lane will never be used unless you're going right around and heading back the way you came.
    But I think the real problem is lack of road markings - if that is the desired usage there should be appropriate markings in the lanes or overhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭duffman3833

there are no markings on either roundabout so its like a one lane roundabout. when you take the 2nd exit on the first roundabout your back to a single lane and then you enter 2nd roundabout
    vY5dvJeuXSr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

I agree with above poster. Unless there are road markings stating otherwise, stick to the standard approach (for the driving test at least).
    However, if there is only one lane on the approach to the roundabout you shouldn't need to worry about what lane you're in as there's only the one lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭duffman3833

it just doesnt make sense why there is a double lane there in first place

Advertisement