Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Confused about all the new suv/crossover type cars

Options
  • 18-01-2017 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi, Im hoping to get some advice in relation to sorting out which car is best for my needs. Im looking for a higher up car/jeep that has lots of room in the boot but not necessarily a 4x4. It really is just a run about car as I have very low millage. I test drove the Renault Capture so far. Anything similar would be great. I looked at the Nissian Duke too and found the back doors very small. I want plenty of room getting in and out car seats. Any other suggestions would be great please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,140 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The likes of the Capture and Juke are small crossovers based on supermini cars like the Clio and Micra. They are not designed with lots of space in mind. If you need more space then you need to start looking at crossovers from the class above those, like the Nissan Qashqai, Renault Kadjar, Hyundai Tucson, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 momnewport

Thanks for the reply Bazz. Yea Ive been looking at them alright but theres a big jump then in price too. Just thought there might be some other some other 'super mini' cars I dont know about out there. I love all of the ones you mentioned but just seems like a waste on me the powerful engines etc when all I need is a run around.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,016 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Perhaps an estate version of a Mondeo or similar fleet car?

Plenty of space and some of them look very good, such as the i30 estate

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

What about a 500L or 500x?

Thanks Ardeenes .The fiat 500x? I need to get a good look at this one. Havent heard of it before. But from the pics the boot looks tiny.

• Advertisement

Bazz your prob right I need to look more at the car range but really had my heart set on the jeepy look.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭El Kabong!

Dacia Duster.

Opel Mokka would be similar in size to a Capture or Juke. Toyota do the CH-R but I think they are a tight in the rear and boot space is small. Mazda CX-3 is another. Realistically these size crossovers are nearly all similar in dimensions and aimed at the supermini market.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

When I was getting my car boot size was essential as I have dogs and needed to fit a crate in the boot. I spent ages on donedeal searching the pictures of boot and then when test driving, a brought the crate with me to confirm it would be suitable. I got a Meriva which isn't suitable for you but I would thoroughly recommend bringing something that would need to fit in the car to the test drive

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

What are you budgeting for?

Maybe the skoda yeti would suit you. Not my personal taste, but not a bad place to be. Tough as nails and good ride height with plenty of space.

Kia Sportage also an option.....again, depending on what you're looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you need lots of room
    Mercedes E-Class Estate – 670 litres
    Skoda Superb Estate – 660 litres
    Peugeot 308 SW – 660 litres
    VW Passat Estate – 650 litres
    Honda Civic Tourer – 642 litres
    Skoda Octavia Estate – 610 litres

• Registered Users Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭cml387

Mrs CML has a Nissan Juke and is delighted with it, she needs a high up position for her back problems.

Boot space isn't hectic mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Ionised

Skoda Yeti has plenty of space both in rear seats and boot. Not a bad drive either if you get a good spec

• Registered Users Posts: 14,315 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Seeing as you do small mileage would you consider the Kia Niro hybrid?

Hi All,

Thanks for all the help and advice. Ive being busy looking at lots of the suggestions. Ive ruled out the Hyundai Tuscon and the Kia Sportage. Even though I love them the engine they recommend is the diesel. The petrol version are available but the tax is E400 and up. I just dont drive it enough to be kind to a diesel engine. Id have it wrecked after 10 years.
    I then looked at the Hybrids and loved the Niro but they say the battery life is only 10 years. So after spending E30,000 you'd be left with a worthless car after 10 years. The price of those batteries are estimated to be E4000.
    So still want to go see the Mazda c3 and c5 and the Nissian Qashqai is the front runner atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Toyota Auris HSD Touring Sport? (Hybrid)

Hyundai Tucson and Kia Sportage petrol versions cost 390 to tax, Nissan Qashqai petrol is 270 to tax which so a difference of 120 over 12 months. Hardly worth thinking about when your about to spend 30k on a car yet people put so much focus on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭oscar2

New Peugeot 3008 looks good and has highly rated puretech 1.2 petrol engine. Also the Seat Ateca has 1.0tsi and 1.4tsi petrol engines. Both these are similiar in size to Quashqai.

You can check dimensions on most car models on http://www.automobiledimension.com/ . For more information on interior space this site has every detail size wise. http://www.rica.org.uk/content/car-search
    Select dropdown model on lower right and away you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭fawlty682

Used SUV. Is the Hyundai ix35 2015 a good buy ?

Advertisement