Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mondeo computer screen

Options
  • 18-01-2017 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Boards experts....
    Went out to the car and found the screen banjaxed. The car is a 2012 model. Bought it 2 years ago from an independent garage.

Hope the photo attaches properly.
    Will this be an expensive repair? Main dealer only? Or could an independent do it?

Main dealer is not very close.

Help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The section of the LCD display looks to be fubared which is fairly common on some Fords. Not sure if it can be repaired or needs to be replaced. If it needs to be replaced then the odometer reading may need to be recalibrated to your car too.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

bazz26 wrote: »
    The section of the LCD display looks to be fubared which is fairly common on some Fords. Not sure if it can be repaired or needs to be replaced. If it needs to be replaced then the odometer reading may need to be recalibrated to your car too.

Marvellous!
    Main dealer only?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Start by getting a quote from a dealer, that way you have something to compare to if you manage to find someone else.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I'd ask a decent auto electrician.

LCD screens fail in all sorts of cars - Wheeler Dealers have had a few fixed that I can recall - Audi TT, VW Corrado, and a Lexus LS400.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I have a 2011 Mondeo and that computer screen looks like it is from an older model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Mc Love wrote: »
    I have a 2011 Mondeo and that computer screen looks like it is from an older model.

Your Titanium model has the more advanced screen. The one the OP has is from the Zetec or below model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

bazz26 wrote: »
    Your Titanium model has the more advanced screen. The one the OP has is from the Zetec or below model.

Good to know! Surprised they didnt offer that screen throughout the range

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Mc Love wrote: »
    Good to know! Surprised they didnt offer that screen throughout the range

Yep, it's a zetec. Thanks for the replies fellas. Pain in the hole with where I live and getting the time to sort it, but could be an awful lot worse.

Advertisement