Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

In need of a cheap 7 seater urgently

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I'm not sure the FRV would be suitable given the ages of your children. The 8 year old is still possibly too small to sit in the front seat which leaves you with the 4 of them on the rear which wont accommodate 4 seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

A child can sit in the front once they have a proper seat or booster fitted.

Could save you the hassle and money why not get car professionals to clean it out valet or if you want to spend the extra get a detail done.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭tipping

Trying to see if there is an age requirement/recommendation for the front seat of the FRV. Wouldn't be so nice on the longer drives always having a kid up there but the idea of a full sized boot is very attractive after a few years of essentially having none.

There is currently a guy doing a full Valet on the Verso but she is really freaked out by this. Was imagining rats while driving the other car on the school run this morning. I'll see how she is after another day or two but I need a back-up plan as there's every chance she'll just say no (and that would be fair enough).

Also have a cat on the way to take up residence tomorrow which should help a little:D

Spoke to a few mechanics, 2 were no bother we'll have a look check it out, it'll be fine.
    The other lad wouldn't look at the car and just said scrap it. He said if you were insured (only 3rd part F&T) it would be an instant scrap regardless of year once there was a rat in it.

Not sure what to do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

There is no restrictions on front seat use.

As I said it is OK once correct seats are fitted or booster and depending on young rear facing baby seat air bag must be off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,404 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you're right to get the car cleaned inside. If there's a rat in there it mightn't have been that clean to start with. If there isn't any food etc in the car now it won't appeal to rats now.

I don't get this thing where the car is a write off because a rat was in it? What's that about?
    Is there damage to the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭walus

The driver's airbag on FRV is designed to be big enough to protect the middle seat passenger. I have had my youngest in there for the past 2 years and once you push the seat back (both middle seats at the front and back can be pushed back to create more shoulder room) it becomes the safest spot in the car, very central with respect to the whole vehicle. FRV is a very good car.

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

It certainly wasn't clean to begin with. Lots of small kids make a considerable mess and although I clean it every few weeks it's pretty hard to keep clean. That said new rules start from today.

Spoke to 3 mechanics, wanted it to get looked at before I send the troop of kids off happily in it again and get the hole it was getting in sealed up. My usual guy can't do it although he didn't think it was a big problem so tried another local fella and he said he wouldn't look at it and to scrap it. He reckoned that he couldn't tell what it had chewed on/damaged and he wouldn't stand over any fixes and it wouldn't be safe with 4 small ones in the car. First thing he said was ring insurance and they'll just scrap it straight away, no need for an assessor even. He told me he has seen a brand new Quashqai scrapped over a rat in the car. This article would indicate otherwise and that insurance will repair. To be honest he half frightened the life out of me.

So rang a 3rd guy who I've used in the past (bit further away) and he said grand, he sees it regularly enough and to drop it in, he'll give it the once over and it will be fine. No big deal.

In terms of damage boot seats are well chewed so need to replace them, sourced a set for €50 in a breakers. Rear brake lights aren't working although the centre high up one is. Could be bulbs (hadn't checked them in a while) or could be rat damage..

Still not sure what to do really.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,404 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Just fix it up and get on with your life :)
    Cars aren't air tight, just keep the rotting food out of the car and your rat problem will go away.

Advertisement