Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Octavia Vrs DSG

Options
  • 16-01-2017 8:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm interested in one of the above. Found one with high mileage but with full Skoda uk history. I'm not familiar with any DSG problems. Any advice welcome on what to look out for or should it be left alone. Its 2010. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

If you have the reg number on it you could also join the Briskoda forum and ask if any member would have any knowledge of that particualr car.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nophd08

Thanks for reply's lads. What is involved in servicing the dsg? Is it expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭weekaizer

I Don't mean to hijack this thread but I'm thinking of buying a 2011 vrs with 65000 miles and full service history.
    Is there any issues with these cars as I've never drove a skoda.
    Heard people saying dpfs can block on earlier 08 models.
    I've also seen a few advertised stating software update just done. Is this due to the emissions scandal or do these cars need dealer updating regularly?.
    Thanks.

Advertisement