Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2011 VW Passat handsfree kit

Options
  • 15-01-2017 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Recently bought a vw passat. It has all the bluetooth features pre installed such as the hang up and answer keys on the multifunction steering wheel. Also on the radio if i click "menu" there is an option for "bluetooth source". My question is can i get a handsfree system put into my passat by my local vw dealer as it is not in the car as standard. Also, if i can get it installed will it be wireless or will there be a gadget?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not a DIY effort, moved to Audio.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The buttons on the steering wheel are there because it's the same steering wheel as the one fitted to cars with bluetooth installed.

Afaik the wiring is already there on VWs so all you would need is the bluetooth hardware module installed and software coded. Either that or you may just need to replace the stock stereo with one of the higher spec VW touchscreen ones that has bluetooth built in. Either way maybe drop George Dalton on here a PM, afaik it does it and can advise, will be cheaper than what VW will charge you anyway.

Advertisement