Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2006 passat service, micksgarage parts?

Options
  • 14-01-2017 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

so just bought a 06 Passat 1.9tdi and going to service it myself. I am just wondering are micksgarage parts any good? and what brand to go for? any help would be much appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

TBH your better off to go to a Local auto parts store
    At least if you are sold a wrong part you can go back in and get it changed.

I was sold wrong parts 3 times by micks garage.
    One of them a clutch...which we didn't realise until we had the engine and gearbox apart and old clutch our....at 11:30 at night .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I agree, motor factors are under rated. Mahle or Mann would probably have been the original filters in that car I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Always go local if I can tried ordering rear pads for my a4 on Mick's garage through my reg came back with three different choices not a clue which ones I needed.

Rang local place 15min later had them in my hand you can't beat that

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭lexuslad

Thanks for the advice! Decided to ring local top part and they're just as cheap and was very helpfull

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭Moanin

I've purchased service parts form Micks Garage for B6 Passat, B8 A4 and MK4 Golf and I always got the correct parts.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've never had an issue with parts from Mick but do shop local when you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Polo_Cluvie

Anything I ever bought from them was either wrong or I had some issue with it. They have a good returns policy but who wants that hassle. The latest are wind deflectors that trigger the safety on the electric windows so I pulled them off the car. Crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Stravos Murphy

TBH your better off to go to a Local auto parts store
    At least if you are sold a wrong part you can go back in and get it changed.

I was sold wrong parts 3 times by micks garage.
    One of them a clutch...which we didn't realise until we had the engine and gearbox apart and old clutch our....at 11:30 at night .

Why did ye start the job at 11pm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Why did ye start the job at 11pm?

Started the job at 8pm
    Because I wasn't home all day to do it.
    I as at work and so was the persons who's lift I was using.

Advertisement