Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot Planet diagnostics North Dublin?

Options
  • 13-01-2017 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

HI,

does anybody have access to Peugeot diagnostics software and cable?

My brother in law has a 2008 407 2.0 petrol and it is giving check engine light and esp/ power steering fault.

We have checked as much as we can without the diagnostics and have changed the brake light switch but the warning lights seem to come up in the morning and not in the evening.

But it is time to plug it in but as the car was very cheap we don't really want to spend much so if anybody can help out it would be great.

Non specific code reader gives p1360 which is apparently a misfire code but would dearly appreciate some help

Many thanks

Richard

Clontarf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,577 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd say coilpack and likely number 2...

http://www.engine-codes.com/p1360.html

Cheapest way to diagnose would be to swap coilpacks 1 and 2, reset the EML, then if reappears and it's the same swap coil packs 3 and 4, the code should change and you then know it's one of the 2 packs at fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

I have it in Waterford if you are ever about

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭richardsheil

I'd say coilpack and likely number 2...

http://www.engine-codes.com/p1360.html

Cheapest way to diagnose would be to swap coilpacks 1 and 2, reset the EML, then if reappears and it's the same swap coil packs 3 and 4, the code should change and you then know it's one of the 2 packs at fault.

The coilpack runs across all 4 in one single item so we can't do that.

Will see and maybe we will buy spurious version off ebay.

thanks,

rex-x wrote: »
    I have it in Waterford if you are ever about

Thanks for the kind offer, but probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Hi richardsheil, I'm based in the Portmarnock / Malahide area and have a copy of Peugeot Planet, if that's any use to you?

Two caveats, though: I haven't used it in ages, so it may be an older version and the laptop I *was* using was ancient (it had to be Windows XP due to the software compability level). But I'm sure we could get it up and running for you.

Sure, drop me a PM and if I can help, I will!

• Advertisement

WetDaddy wrote: »
    Hi richardsheil, I'm based in the Portmarnock / Malahide area and have a copy of Peugeot Planet, if that's any use to you?

Two caveats, though: I haven't used it in ages, so it may be an older version and the laptop I *was* using was ancient (it had to be Windows XP due to the software compability level). But I'm sure we could get it up and running for you.

Sure, drop me a PM and if I can help, I will!

Great- will send you a pm,

Advertisement